Audio Output

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys! Bought my Inspire on the day of release and loving it so far.

I was wondering if anybody was also having some distorted audio output? Specifically with custom ringtones. I'm coming from the Captivate, and although I have my (many) grudges against that phone, the audio and video output were amazing. The ringtones pre installed seem to sound fine. It's also very low even at high settings. It's not a deal breaker at all, but I love me some custom ringtones :( FYI I'm using Audacity to make my ringtones and saving them in .mp3 format. Should I try another format? Thanks in advance guys!

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
How's your audio output to a speaker/dock/headphones? Specifically music, fm radio, or movies?

Everything else seems to be ok. Radio, music and movies seem to sound fine through headphones, but when coming from the built in speaker everything is a little distorted. I noticed it's mostly with stuff with a lot of bass. I'm assuming the speaker just isn't as good as the Captivate. Have you tried testing a YouTube video without headphones? Would like to know if you can hear the distortion as well.

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Everything else seems to be ok. Radio, music and movies seem to sound fine through headphones, but when coming from the built in speaker everything is a little distorted. I noticed it's mostly with stuff with a lot of bass. I'm assuming the speaker just isn't as good as the Captivate. Have you tried testing a YouTube video without headphones? Would like to know if you can hear the distortion as well.
I don't know whether it's distortion or simply the hearing aid size of the speaker. It just doesn't sound very good.

loopy12

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I noticed mine doesn't like to be run through a powered speaker system. my bb and another phone would work just fin through the speaker system but the inspire has barely any output. I like using a phone as my home music source this way....any Ideas? the speakersystem is a powered system by polk audio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hooded88