Auto-detect for the Gear S2?

A

AC Question

Auto-detect for the Gear S2

Every time I drive more than say 5 minutes when I finally stop or get where I'm going my Gear S2 Auto-detects that I was cycling. Is there is any way to turn off this feature?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Auto-detect for the Gear S2

Every time I drive more than say 5 minutes when I finally stop or get where I'm going my Gear S2 Auto-detects that I was cycling. Is there is any way to turn off this feature?

Welcome to Android Central!

You should be able to go in to our Gear app on your phone and look in activities. Turn off the cycling detection in there.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Auto-detect for the Gear S2

There isn't an activities section.! Mine auto detects cycling after every car journey. Very rubbish.
See if S Health is the culprit.

1d472f11f2f97c9291332e63c0482457.jpg

Derek Wade

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
There IS no "Activities" section in the Samsung Gear App. Moreover, this random "cycling" thing is starting to aggravate me. It's not an S Health issue (although that app is awful and I'm getting sick of it cluttering my interface with suggestions that I track everything from blood sugar to this phantom cycling I'm supposedly doing.)

I'd be happier if the programmers had put a way to delete a record from the watch, but they apparently didn't think that was important at all. That's why this product got a three star review from me on Amazon, even though I love the watch. Between the kludgy and downright stupid interface of the god AWFUL S Health, which is forced on any Samsung phone owner, and this random and mythical "cycling" tracking, I'm getting ready to take it back.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I too run into this very annoying issue with my Gear Fit 2. There's no way to disable it. I contacted Samsung and they told me to factory reset my GF2, which I did, but before I reactivated it, I made sure to go into SHealth settings and disable the Auto Detect and reconnected and resync'd the GF2. After the reset and restore, it worked wonderful for about 5 days. Now, it's detecting again.

I shouldn't have to reset this * thing every time it detects me riding my motorcycle as cycling.

Derek Wade

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
I too run into this very annoying issue with my Gear Fit 2. There's no way to disable it. I contacted Samsung and they told me to factory reset my GF2, which I did, but before I reactivated it, I made sure to go into SHealth settings and disable the Auto Detect and reconnected and resync'd the GF2. After the reset and restore, it worked wonderful for about 5 days. Now, it's detecting again.

I shouldn't have to reset this * thing every time it detects me riding my motorcycle as cycling.

I will *NEVER* factory reset any item I purchase. My logic is as follows:

1. I just bought it.
2. Prior to purchase, it came from the factory.
3. It's not working.
4. How would resetting it to the same conditions IT WAS JUST IN correct the problem I'm having?

The only time I am going to factory reset something is right before I put it back in the packaging and take it back for a refund. I don't accept that from technical support. This is a programming issue. Give us two things:

1. Turn off cycling detection.
2. Delete workout items from the watch.

The failure of the programmers to include those two items is NOT an emergency on my part, and I will not go out of my way to fix it with prolonged troubleshooting. If they wanted me to keep this product, they should have worked a little harder to test it before putting it into production.

Kind of wondering why no one from Samsung is weighing in on this thread.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I will *NEVER* factory reset any item I purchase. My logic is as follows:

1. I just bought it.
2. Prior to purchase, it came from the factory.
3. It's not working.
4. How would resetting it to the same conditions IT WAS JUST IN correct the problem I'm having?

The only time I am going to factory reset something is right before I put it back in the packaging and take it back for a refund. I don't accept that from technical support. This is a programming issue. Give us two things:

1. Turn off cycling detection.
2. Delete workout items from the watch.

The failure of the programmers to include those two items is NOT an emergency on my part, and I will not go out of my way to fix it with prolonged troubleshooting. If they wanted me to keep this product, they should have worked a little harder to test it before putting it into production.

Kind of wondering why no one from Samsung is weighing in on this thread.

Well I don't have the issue anymore and it works flawless now.

So...

gweagles

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
I found that cycling is detected when driving and using the treadmill ( probably from gripping the treadmill as I walk) which affected my step count as it thought I was cycling, I removed the cycling option from the main S-Health App but the watch seem to activate it again. I have now deactivated "exercise" from the Health nudges section in setting on the watch itself and will hopefully fix the issue in the mean time. I hope in a future update it will allow customization of exercises on the watch itself but until then detecting step and floors is enough for me

Derek Wade

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
I found that cycling is detected when driving and using the treadmill ( probably from gripping the treadmill as I walk) which affected my step count as it thought I was cycling, I removed the cycling option from the main S-Health App but the watch seem to activate it again. I have now deactivated "exercise" from the Health nudges section in setting on the watch itself and will hopefully fix the issue in the mean time. I hope in a future update it will allow customization of exercises on the watch itself but until then detecting step and floors is enough for me

Tell me some more about the "health nudges"? I think I missed something.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaysonIrwin