Auto text completion: seem poor to anyone?

a_gunslinger

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Im coming off a Windows phone. Decided to try Android out. One thing I miss is the Windows phone OS was amazing at suggesting words with auto complete after typing a few letters. Gave lots of choices and extremely accurate. Did awesome at anticipating your next word before even typing as well.

On this new S6 its pretty poor. Only offers one or two options, and even then is often not even close to what I was typing. Typing one more letter doesn't really help narrow it down. Is this a setting to suggest more and should it be that inaccurate or not helpful? I think I typed "do" today and got dock and dome nothing more. Guess I was spoiled by that feature in Windows.

Love the rest of the phone so far.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Im coming off a Windows phone. Decided to try Android out. One thing I miss is the Windows phone OS was amazing at suggesting words with auto complete after typing a few letters. Gave lots of choices and extremely accurate. Did awesome at anticipating your next word before even typing as well.

On this new S6 its pretty poor. Only offers one or two options, and even then is often not even close to what I was typing. Typing one more letter doesn't really help narrow it down. Is this a setting to suggest more and should it be that inaccurate or not helpful? I think I typed "do" today and got dock and dome nothing more. Guess I was spoiled by that feature in Windows.

Love the rest of the phone so far.

Try the Swiftkey app. It's free. It's scary how quickly it learns your style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36