Axiom patient zero m2.5 phone just keeps rebooting

TTGTOVR4

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I have been using axiom for a few months now, today web browser froze, so as usual I pulled the battery. When the phone powered back it would just keep rebooting, I went into recovery and wiped data and cache and tried to install rom again, but now phone just keeps rebooting...help plz

Ty

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Boot into bootloader and restore factory images: http://www.droid-life.com/2011/12/1...the-bootloader-and-return-to-a-factory-state/

Skip the last part about relocking the bootloader.. In fact only follow the part that restores the factory system part. You should be fine leaving your radios and recovery exactly as they are now. This should also preserve anything on your sd.

Then boot into your system and stick a new ROM on your sd card. PZ is highly outdated, I'll just recommend
AOKP b39. Remember to download the Gapps and place them on the sd as well and flash them directly after the rom, then reboot.

You should be happy with aokp.. PZ was just Th3ory's build using all aokp features anyways.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Oh you'll want to flash a different kernel as well, they derped the kernel included in b39 I guess. I say go with francos, it's the most recommended and also was probably what came in the PZ build you were running before.. Of course the choice is yours, just letting you know you'll want to switch out the one that comes in b39 for something else after you flash.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'll try that, any idea why this happened? PZ is outdated?

No idea at all why it happened. Browser shouldn't just freeze on you, but in any case doing a battery pull when things are frozen is always risky. Thankfully this phone is unbreakable and with a few quick commands you can be up and running again in no time :)

TTGTOVR4

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Since the phone gets stuck at bootup, computer won't recognize my phone, and I can't get anything transferred. I tried plugging in during recovery mode and still the same thing Any ideas?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Since the phone gets stuck at bootup, computer won't recognize my phone, and I can't get anything transferred. I tried plugging in during recovery mode and still the same thing Any ideas?

Your computer won't recognize it at all? Hmmm.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Follow the instructions I linked to earlier.. you only need to boot into the bootloader to accomplish the factory system restore, at which point you ought to be alright to move forward. If your computer isn't recognizing the phone in bootloader (fastboot) mode then its probably just a driver issue.

TTGTOVR4

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I installed using Wug's I think I lost all my data though =( thanks for your help guys! I was pretty freaked out, 1 whole day with no phone! lol

Any suggestions for what I should flash to?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I installed using Wug's I think I lost all my data though =( thanks for your help guys! I was pretty freaked out, 1 whole day with no phone! lol

Any suggestions for what I should flash to?

AOKP.

And you're welcome. As we always say, don't panic. The nexus is unbrickable, if you screw something up just come on here and we'll help you fix it :)

TimV28

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
If you like patient zero, there's version m3. It is not update as much other roms but that is what I keep going back to.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rajurana