Backing up an Android

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I have a quick question here. Is there anyway to back up my contacts, settings, etc other then using my Gmail account?
Both my wife and I made the switch to Android from BlackBerry last month. Her the S3, me the Note 2. It was handy being able to plug out BlackBerry into the computer, then backing up everything onto the computer.
I know you can back up all your contacts onto your Gmail account, however neither of us Gmail. So is there anything similar for us with Android? As far as I know, using Gmail is just for contacts, is there anything for the settings of the phone?
I am just worried, that if for some random reason, if our phone were to crash or whatever right now, everything will be lost.

What does everyone else do for their back up options.

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 2!

MichaelBR

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I use memotoo.com to sync contacts etc between Android, iphone, Thunderbird, etc. Very flexible.

Just for backup there are many tools out there. Currently I use Helium (formerly Carbon). It's probably more than you need, though.

But Google works great. New device? Reset Whatever: sign in to your google account and here come the contacts back.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

anon(5399614)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I use Super Backup (free). It allows saving all your backups--apps, sms, call log, contacts to the sd card. In my case it made for a really quick restore when I had to have my phone replaced. Just swap sd card into new phone, and start restoring! Contacts backup is redundant if you have a gmail account. App settings are not backed up, unfortunately.

Regards
Bob

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys.

I like the SD card one. Does it back up all the info of your contacts? Whenever I tried backing my contacts up to my SIM card it was weird and only save their phone numbers. Not their emails, etc.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 2!