Backlight bleeding

jrcbandit

May 27, 2010
Visit site
The screen is fantastic, except there is some backlight bleeding at the bottom of the screen, noticeable in white backgrounds. From the pattern, it is most likely present to some degree in all phones, but I was wondering if everyone's else is as "bad" as this pic of an HTC One X. Mine looks very similar when held vertically, but it is not nearly so noticeable when at 45/90 degrees.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes this normal all evo's have this, and yes you will be looking at your phone in this angle a lot ( sarcasm).

wait... seriously I dont see this.. not on my phone

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine look fine there just a bit . My Issue is I think I have an over all Yellow Tint . I know this is common to some point but when is Yellow to Yellow. Compared to my OG Evo it's noticable but I always thought that had a slight Blue Tint.

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
What is your brightness set on? I always turn off the "Auto" brightness. I have mine set to about 30%. I have no bleeding.

Have you tried a band-aid? ;)

jrcbandit

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Changing from auto to 30-40% does help, although it is still noticeable when using the browser. The easy fix will be to use adjbrightness, which requires root.

I am not sure if I want to root yet since it lists the bootloader as tampered, although I guess I could always install RUU to revert.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdf8585