Backup and update?

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
What do you do before doing an update? Any backup or tips to ensure successful update?

How to do full backup of phone? (to restore phone if update problem/lost/stuck/faulty)

Does copy and paste all phone folders work as a backup? Before update can I copy and paste all phone files to PC, if something bad happens during a update then copy and past all phone files from PC to phone?

What android backup software work (like those software that full backup windows pc)? No root.

Possible to auto schedule full backup?

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't do anything special, because I keep all of my important information synced to the cloud somewhere (Google Drive, Google Photos, Google Keep, YouTube Music, etc.), and I have Google Backup turned on (which saves most app settings and a fair amount of the app data to Google Drive). If something were to go wrong and I had to do a full factory reset, it's not too hard to restore the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
-----
Why sometimes I see this page that does not have a reply option
View attachment 347415

That's the Q&A formatting. It's an odd thing that happens on the forum, and it takes away the ability to reply. If you bring up the actual URL and delete everything at the end of the URL address after "html", then press enter, it should bring you back to the usual formatting.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's the Q&A formatting. It's an odd thing that happens on the forum, and it takes away the ability to reply. If you bring up the actual URL and delete everything at the end of the URL address after "html", then press enter, it should bring you back to the usual formatting.
It's like your a guest poster?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What is the difference between posting at these 2 different url?
Ask a Question https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask/index.php?do=ask&subject=
General Help and How To https://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/
Ask a question is usually newbies go to and general help and how to if a user has a specific device and not a forum for it get placed here or have tips about something the could say example be for all Samsung device but can't post it in more then one Samsung forums so u use this one as a general

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't do anything special, because I keep all of my important information synced to the cloud somewhere (Google Drive, Google Photos, Google Keep, YouTube Music, etc.), and I have Google Backup turned on (which saves most app settings and a fair amount of the app data to Google Drive). If something were to go wrong and I had to do a full factory reset, it's not too hard to restore the phone.

Is there any guide that you would recommend me to follow, so if anything goes wrong I can 100% be able to get back everything?