Backup issue with pixel 4 XL

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
My new pixel 4 XL always says waiting to backup. After trying multiple reboots and re adding google accounts I contacted level 2 google support. They asked me to disable all screen locks and try. It works with no security on. As soon as I out the pin back it goes back to waiting to backup.
I asked them how's this a solution and waiting for reply

Anyone else face the same issue? Seems like the android P issue

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Mine has been backing up regularly without notifying me. You don't have a 3rd party security app installed, do you?

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Mine has been backing up regularly without notifying me. You don't have a 3rd party security app installed, do you?
No. Its new phone. No other security apps. Only time the backup option isn't greyed out is when I disable screen lock.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Anything besides Find My Device listed in Device Admin Apps (in Settings>Security)?

Also, just for the heck of it, go to Settings>Security and tap Google Play System Update to make sure there isn't one pending. This is a relatively new option, separate from the monthly patches and from Google Play Services updates.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Numerous users reportef this on the Moto forum earlier this year, with several different Moto phones running near stock Android. The consensus was that this is a Google account issue of some sort. Once you enable a lock screen option....Bam.... backups pause. Since it doesn't affect everyone, nor any specific phone model, I tend to agree. I don't know what else to suggest, other than this appears to affect some Google accounts but not everyone.

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This seem to have fixed it. Thanks!!

How often does this backup to google drive? There seems to be no way of setting up to do it at set interval. Like every day or once a week etc??
I was curious if resigning into your Google account would a fix this.

fwn

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
I have tried everything but only using the ADB commands fix this problem for me. The problem occurs randomly and without any pattern it is hard to diagnose exactly what is going on. However the ADB Commands work flawlessly every time. I am glad to see that this fixed works for you.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have tried everything but only using the ADB commands fix this problem for me. The problem occurs randomly and without any pattern it is hard to diagnose exactly what is going on. However the ADB Commands work flawlessly every time. I am glad to see that this fixed works for you.
Good find

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali