Barnes & Noble - Nook

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I ordered a Nook for my wife. When ordered it (11/17) the estimated shipping date was 12/11. It's now been pushed to 12/18.

Yeah, mine says the 22nd :( I waited too long and ordered it at thanksgiving. B&N blew it. Imagine how many they could have sold if they were sitting on the shelf beside the coffee shop.

trevgriff

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm holding off my purchase to see what the first software update brings. I have a few hundred epub books that I want to side load and I am hoping for a better way to organize than is presently available.

hydrogenman#AC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
just wondering when everything's easily accessible and this thing becomes essentially nothing with browsers and full android ability, pandora, etc.....how is AT&T going to respond?

basically unpaid customers that will have the potential to use hundreds of MB of data per month

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
AT&T will release a patch that only unmodified Nook's can receive. Devices without the patch won't be allowed access to the network.

Then Nook dev's will circumvent it and the cycle will go on.

I think AT&T should just offer a non contract 15-20 dollar a month solution and unlock the network on all of them. This is a fight they can't win, as everything in the Nook's software is open source and fairly easy to modify. I know I'd shell out $200 a year for my daughter to have complete data on her Nook (when we ever get it!) vs. me having to monkey with the software every time AT&T releases a patch.

hydrogenman#AC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
AT&T will release a patch that only unmodified Nook's can receive. Devices without the patch won't be allowed access to the network.

Then Nook dev's will circumvent it and the cycle will go on.

I think AT&T should just offer a non contract 15-20 dollar a month solution and unlock the network on all of them. This is a fight they can't win, as everything in the Nook's software is open source and fairly easy to modify. I know I'd shell out $200 a year for my daughter to have complete data on her Nook (when we ever get it!) vs. me having to monkey with the software every time AT&T releases a patch.

it's a losing battle for AT&T

Kratzer

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, I was excited to see a Nook thread, and then disappointed to see it last modified back in december. They have a lot a development going on...just not enough. Still probably the best tablet form factor android device.