batter drain

jsharp

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Over the last few days I have noticed my battery draining very quickly. I've had my phone for about a month and when I got my phone I also got the extended battery. My battery was normally between 40-50 percent at the end of the day. The last two days it doesn't last an entire day. The only thing that I can think I've done differently is to install ADW ex launcher.

When I look at my battery usage it tells me that most of the battery is being used on the display. Could it be the launcher causing the problem?

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Try going back to the stock launcher and see if your battery life gets better. You could also try some other launchers. I use GoLauncher EX and it works great for me.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Could also be a service running in the background that you are unaware of. Have you installed any new apps recently, or updated them from the market? That could give you a clue maybe as to which one it could be..

wejordan3

May 19, 2011
Visit site
This happens to me from time to time. I can always tell when, because the battery heats up even if I'm not using the phone (display off). I've used Watchdog to monitor cpu usage, but haven't seen anything unusual. My workaround is to reboot the phone when this is happening, which has always worked for me.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
An app that uses GPS could also be the culprit.

This happens to me from time to time. I can always tell when, because the battery heats up even if I'm not using the phone (display off). I've used Watchdog to monitor cpu usage, but haven't seen anything unusual. My workaround is to reboot the phone when this is happening, which has always worked for me.

I noticed the phone does heat up if the GPS is running continuously for a while too. I keep mine on all the time, and it usually does not cause any problems (like battery drain or heat) unless for some reason it has trouble finding the satellite and location. Sometimes I find that a reboot helps, and sometimes it doesn't.

jsharp

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I have removed the launcher and installed a different one. The problem seems to have gone away. Im not totally convinced it was the ADW launcher, but I like the Launcher Pro better so I think I will be sticking with it. Thanks for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23