Battery being drained on inactive device

GeniusLoci

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
For the past few days I spotted a massive drain on my tablet - Lenovo Yoga 2. I installed GSAM to see what's going on. It said that my battery level decreased 28% in the last 13 hours which is huge considering that Yoga was inactive for the whole day - the most usage was due to Kernel(AndroidOS) - 97%. Previously I deleted all apps I hadn't been using much but it didn't help.

I always turn WiFi or heavy apps off before the end of my work with the device.

Do you guys have any tips?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

You might also want to see how the tablet behaves in Safe Mode. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

GeniusLoci

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
I do not have battery option in settings so I guess it's power manager. There's power consumption details with software and hardware usage, however I cant find graph screen.

GeniusLoci

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Being annoyed by the battery life, I decided to do a full wipe. Now it seems to be ok.

This leaves a question about the cause of battery drain. Could it be external app considering that Yoga was inactive? I also restarted the device to make sure that apps are closed and unistalled all that were unwanted.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Things like that are often due to "rogue" apps that start running out of control. It might be due to a glitch in the app, or some conflict with another app. If it happens again, you could try booting into Safe Mode, which disables all 3rd party apps, and which can help narrow things down to something you installed vs something preinstalled (or the firmware).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC