Battery conservation

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The ultimate way to conserve battery is to turn OFF the device. Remove the battery and stick it in your pocket. :)

What.... just saying.. its the ultimate way..

myrcgarage

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I use Juice Defender Ultimate (free version would be a good start). Also, I turn on Wifi so that Juice Defender uses Wifi as the preferred method for data. I am a moderate user, my phone would last from 7AM till 10PM.

However, if you need your email and FB updates all day long, then, Juice Defender may not work well for you.

mikeisnowonfire

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Turning the screen brightness to automatic will definitely help. Your screen uses the most battery of anything on your phone, so working to reduce that will help the most.

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I use Juice Defender Ultimate (free version would be a good start). Also, I turn on Wifi so that Juice Defender uses Wifi as the preferred method for data. I am a moderate user, my phone would last from 7AM till 10PM.

However, if you need your email and FB updates all day long, then, Juice Defender may not work well for you.
well ive been using a combo of atk set on agro, and jd but battery still drains

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Per my other thread i got 11+ hours of pretty hard use and had 15% battery left with these settings -

1. 4G, WIFI, GPS, BT, Hotspot all set at OFF with widgets. turn ON only as needed.
3. Brightness set to very low (underneath checkmark - extreme left). this is plenty bright for me.
4. No Live Wallpaper. not sure of this makes a difference but i have my own graphic anyway.
5. No Data intensive constant data hungry widgets/apps constantly running. i wiped News and Stocks and Sprint Zone. uncheck them for sync. i will get my data from the browser fresh as needed. i have no updating widgets other than 2 weather cities with the nice big beautiful HTC Clock/Weather default widget i keep with auto refresh at 1 hour. i have 2 GMail PUSH accounts that i set up and are always on.
6. Sign out of everything when done - GTalk, Qik, FB, etc. Everything! i don't use this stuff anyway. as noted before - let GTalk run in the background for PUSH Gmail but always sign out and uncheck auto sign you in.
7. Vibrate is ON for Calls and Texts. Vibrate is OFF for emails. all Haptic Feedback - Keyboard, Screen, etc. is OFF.
8. i DO NOT use a task killer or kill tasks with the Manage Applications Panel. nor do i use "Juice Defender" type apps.
9. realize that streaming any audio and/or video will kill your battery very very fast.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...life-sticky-please-contribute.html#post175315

rykatemom

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I also use Juice Defender Ultimate. I have it set to "Customize", so that it will give me the Wi-Fi training app. I use my Evo heavily, and average 11-12 hrs from the time I unplug it from the charger in the morning. I do NOT use any Task Manager; just let Android manage it, which hasn't been a problem for me yet. The screen is set to Auto-Brightness. Play around with the customisations that JD gives you until you find the mixture that works best for you. Honestly, from everything I've seen and read, Task Killers can be a MAJOR source of battery issues. I'm running fully stock GB (as we wait for root access).

DaleB

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I use JuiceDefender set at the "aggressive" setting, GPS, WI-FI blue tooth off, display at autobrightness and with moderate use I am gettnig an average of 14-15 hours of use with about 20% before plugging back in. Off the charger about 6:30 AM and plugged back in about 10:30PM.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I just unchecked the "always on mobile data" and my battery gets me through a 12hr hospital shift with moderate use

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I just unchecked the "always on mobile data" and my battery gets me through a 12hr hospital shift with moderate use

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

over a year ago i found that unchecking this can adversely affect the performance of background push services like Gmail and widgets. also it affected streaming radio and music. my ultimate conclusion was that it didn't save much battery life under most circumstances and was not worth unchecking given the tradeoffs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkC1970