Battery drain. Nothing new. How do I fix it on a KitKat?

A

AC Question

Battery drain.. Nothing new. How to fix it on a KitKat

Have an lg Droid w/KK. I keep having a problem with the battery dying in as little as 6-8 hours. I see that 'Media' and 'Media Server' are running under running apps. 'Media' has a stop icon and it is enabled but when I push it, it won't stop. Media service has no way to stop it. Doing the old turn off, pull battery.. No help. I have gotten those 2 services to stop in the past and the battery lasts 2 days. Don't want to do a full factory reset unless I have to.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Battery drain.. Nothing new. How to fix it on a KitKat

Do you have a SD card in your phone? Try unmounting it and see if it makes a difference.

Chris James L

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site

Tried your suggestion for un-mounting the SD card. Didn't help. Media is using 30% and Media Server is using 23%. I tried 2 different appkill apps but didn't help. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Tried your suggestion for un-mounting the SD card. Didn't help. Media is using 30% and Media Server is using 23%. I tried 2 different appkill apps but didn't help. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Hi Chris James, thanks for signing in. Welcome to the forums! Sorry for the delay, I missed your reply 😑

App killers aren't going to help you and sometimes they can be at the origin of the problem. I would disable them until you fix the problem. You could try clearing cache in your settings - storage and reboot your phone. If the problem persists boot your phone in safe mode to be sure if this is some problem with your system or a conflict with an app you downloaded.