Battery level indicator broken, any fix?

Wm7Long

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
My wife's phone (Kyocera Torque with Android 4.1.2 on Sprint) received a bunch of updates, after which she can no longer get battery percentage level. Instead she gets a message saying "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped" or something like that. Even when I go to menu > System Settings > My Device > Battery, it gives the same error message, though other selections there work normally (e.g. Storage). So for now, the only battery level indication she has is the tiny little green partial battery in the status area, right side of top bar. At least that seems to be working roughly accurate.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried any 3rd party battery apps, like GSam Battery Monitor or Battery Widget Reborn?

Wm7Long

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Good idea, and thanks for the quick reply. If we are unable to fix it, then perhaps an app can give her a workaround. We'll see after she comes back from a Thanksgiving trip. For my own S4 Mini, I'm using the battery widget provided in Make Your Clock. When I offer'd to set this up for my wife, she took her phone and ran! (Sort of.)
Home1411.png

Trouble is, I'm thinking such a widget gets it's percentage from the same OS resource that is broken in my wife's phone. So, even the workaround might not resolve her issue.

BTW Make Your Clock Widget is available at the Play Store:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ek.android.makeyourclock&hl=en&token=O5f2B9_d