Battery life after two weeks

AaronTV

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
First, I have the LTE model but mobile data is not activated. I have airplane mode and wifi activated at all times so far.

Second, I've noted that if I turn on Lollipop's priority notification mode I get battery drain while the device is on standby (2-3%/hr). However, if I silence the device by long pressing the power button, standby battery drain flattens out. Thus, I avoid using priority mode for now.

I'm attaching a couple screen shots that represent typical battery so far. They cover about two days off of one charge. One can easily pick out the standby times due to the (in my opinion) nice flat lines on the graph. My usage depicted here is a mix of emails, web browsing, twitter, video streaming and, of course, the Android Central app!

Overall, I'm pleased with the performance thus far.

Posted via the Android Central App (Shield Tablet)

Attachments

• 1943.jpg
    1943.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 1944.jpg
    1944.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 38

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to the eventual next update to see what fixes it brings to Lollipop. I know battery took a little hit over KitKat.

I'm assuming as everyone else is that we will be bumped to Android 5.0.1 on the next update and iron out some of the bugs that have surfaced.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Not bad at all, I just got 4h 53m on screen time and that included over 3 days of "idle time". The tablet was on the entire time, connected to wifi so I am pretty happy about that.

I can easily get 6 hours screen time with more active use over a day, which I am fairly happy with. As Paul627g suggested I suspect the same we will see a little bump once 5.0.1 is on the tablet and as apps get better optimized for lollipop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnS21