Battery Life is draining constantly and highest usage is Google Play Service. What do I do?

A

AC Question

My phone is draining at an alarming rate. Even if I turn off auto sync with google accounts as well disabling 4g and wifi, I see my phone drain in a six hour time. It keeps saying the highest on the list is google play services which in a few hours time gets to 14% while android OS is at 11%. Screen is at 1%.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S5. I replaced the battery as I saw this happening and the issue didn't seem to change anything.

paulsiu

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Did you just get a new phone and then use some sort of service to transfer the content and configuration to your old phone? I did that a few months ago and notice that google play ran constantly and drained my battery. I eventually fix the issue by factory reset and then redoing it from scratch instead. I think the import setting imported some stuff that may have cause the issue.

Paul

anon(10259169)

Jun 13, 2017
Visit site
I had to make an account just to reply. Now it is saying Android Systems is taking up the majority of my power with Google Services just 1% behind. I do not have a new phone or transfer. I've had this phone for over 3 years and didn't change anything. Just all of a sudden in the past few days its been draining constantly. I can't make it home without being at 12% power and not every using the phone for anything.

I just cleared all the google services data but this does not seem to have fixed anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair