Battery life not all that bad

Ken Allen3

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Well.. Second charge.. Mostly browsing.,twitter, WhatsApp, FB etc. Google now off, no power saving, auto brightness. Wifi mostly but some 4g. I'm happy enough with this.
What u guys think?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-12-09-13-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-12-09-13-16.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 444
  • Screenshot_2015-04-12-09-13-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-12-09-13-21.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 444

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, ok so far for the first day I was in the car so I had access with the charger but tried to let it deplete. I was on a few phone calls, Facebook, play a game or two, watched some youtube, installing some apps, and just getting to know the phone. It last on screen for about 6 hours before it retired last night. Hopefully it will be better the next few charges. So far so good but the true test is when I go to a conference next week and won't have access to a charger as easily.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Well.. Second charge.. Mostly browsing.,twitter, WhatsApp, FB etc. Google now off, no power saving, auto brightness. Wifi mostly but some 4g. I'm happy enough with this.
What u guys think?

I like it...that looks outstanding! I'd be thrilled if I could get that! What carrier are you?

johnnnnnymtl

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I unplugged the phone this morning at 8am, it's now 4pm and I'm at 53% with a lot of usage during the day. I have to say I'm pretty impressed :) I've had the phone for two days though .. Remains to be seen how it will do in the future..

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Same here I'm getting about 5hrs screen on time per charge after 4 days with the S6 edge.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 Edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
What u guys think?

Those look exactly like my past 2 Daily Stats, I'd be posting my daily Battery stats in the thread I created about Tips and Tricks, but besides the past 2 days with 5 hours and 10 minutes on Friday and 5.5 hours yesterday, today I unplugged it at 8:10am, now at 4:25pm I'm at 80%, with a lot of standby and just 1 hour and 7 minutes of SoT, more than 2 hours on just LTE and no Wifi (Past 2 days has been 80% Wifi on Friday and 100% yesterday) and connected to my Asus Zenwatch and Android Wear via Bluetooth.

Right around the same average of SoT I've been having for the past 2 days, it should be around 5.5 hours again today, very, very good for a phone with a 2600 mAh and a QHD screen.

Last edited:

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I can't say I have any complaints about the battery life. I'd probably have to disagree with Phil about the M9 having better battery life. Maybe it's better than his T-Mobile S6, but I doubt it's better than what I'm getting.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

Attachments

• 149.jpg
    149.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 335
  • 150.jpg
    150.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 332

quietkvj

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
My T-mobile version gets great battery life. I don't know what is going on with everyone else's.

Attachments

• 1602.jpg
    1602.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 321
  • 1603.jpg
    1603.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 319
  • 1604.jpg
    1604.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 320
  • 1605.jpg
    1605.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 320

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I can't say I have any complaints about the battery life. I'd probably have to disagree with Phil about the M9 having better battery life. Maybe it's better than his T-Mobile S6, but I doubt it's better than what I'm getting.

With battery stats like these on AT&T, less than impressive M9 battery performance with a much larger battery, and hopefully, more powerful batteries getting smaller as well as chipsets and displays getting more energy efficient, it will mean an end to the swappable battery being excluded from flagship devices. This really shouldn't be such a prominent consideration in a purchase or pass decision.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
My T-mobile version gets great battery life. I don't know what is going on with everyone else's.

Looks like the patch and switching off VoLTE helped out quite a bit. Glad TMO owners are getting battery stats like the rest of us.

quietkvj

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Looks like the patch and switching off VoLTE helped out quite a bit. Glad TMO owners are getting battery stats like the rest of us.

Yeah, I was nervous because I switched from At&T. I have still been holding on to my ATT GS5 because I wasn't sure if I would be switching back, I was due for an upgrade anyway on the 12 month next program. But now I guess I can trade it in and get it paid off. But I guess T-Mobile must have updated the gold before it shipped, because mine didn't update when I turned it on. Is 5.0.2 the update because that's what i'm running?

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Great battery life for me as well. I'm using Verizon with advanced calling.

Attachments

• 212.jpg
    212.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 282

ballzac

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

What kind of settings/brightness/processes running do you have to get that sort of battery life?

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
With battery stats like these on AT&T, less than impressive M9 battery performance with a much larger battery, and hopefully, more powerful batteries getting smaller as well as chipsets and displays getting more energy efficient, it will mean an end to the swappable battery being excluded from flagship devices. This really shouldn't be such a prominent consideration in a purchase or passed decision, speaking decision for myself.

Others should think for themselves if removable batterys are important or not.

FTFY