Battery Life?

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I really want this phone but am worried about the battery life. I currently have the Droid 2 and this phone can last me just about a full day off the charger at 6AM. Does anyone have a comparison for me? Or, perhaps a estimate of how long it will last? I would consider myself a moderate to heavy user.

Fhiz

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
If I'm correct the Droid 2's battery is 1300mah?

Well, the Bolt's is 1400mah, and has a smaller CPU that will probably help a bit as it's more efficient, but it will have 4G (obviously) which can add to the battery drain, but assumptions are that it can be turned off.

There haven't been any reviews of the phone that make an accurate comment on the battery life, but it's a smartphone, so don't be expecting days off the thing with heavy use.

Last edited:

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
we all are some what worried/wondering how the battery will hold up. ther is already extended battery with backplate on sale. but i will just have my car charger just in case

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Everyone needs to expect to charge the standard battery when they get home from work. I'd imagine 8-10 hours of decent use.

I would keep a spare battery or use a car charger a lot.

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
What's nice about this phone...and I'm sure some others in particular, is how fast they boot up and are ready if you do swap batteries.

On my blackberry devices...you're literally talking 3 to 6 minutes.

This phone, from the video reviews I've seen (taken with a grain of salt, of course) it's about 10 to 15 seconds.
Obviously, I'm sure once you load it up with apps, data, etc., it will probably increase a bit...but still nothing like a BB.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
In all honesty, aside from the release date of the Bionic, this is my biggest concern. Now obviously it won't get the battery life of my Storm, but I keep my charger at my desk at work, so it shouldn't be a HUGE issue, but it still is a concern.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
What's nice about this phone...and I'm sure some others in particular, is how fast they boot up and are ready if you do swap batteries.

On my blackberry devices...you're literally talking 3 to 6 minutes.

This phone, from the video reviews I've seen (taken with a grain of salt, of course) it's about 10 to 15 seconds.
Obviously, I'm sure once you load it up with apps, data, etc., it will probably increase a bit...but still nothing like a BB.
Yea, it was darn fast -- I'd venture a guess and say 10 seconds at the most. In the "unboxing" video from that random Verizon guy, it looked like it was 6-7 seconds till the lock screen came up.

On my OG, it's easily 45-50 seconds.

Sploinkin

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a charger everywhere I go, and I keep my phone charged up most of the time.

Google "lithium polymer batteries 101" for a good article someone wrote in another forum about why you should charge your battery before it dies (he said about 70% iirc)

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I belive the Tbolt has the quick boot, where from a standard shutdown it boots from a hibernate mode instead of a full shut down and that will be very fast the 6-10 sec startups we see in the videos. when you take out the batt. and under other cases where it is totally shut down it will take longer to boot.

as everyone keeps saying we really wont know about the batt. life until its been released.

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I belive the Tbolt has the quick boot, where from a standard shutdown it boots from a hibernate mode instead of a full shut down and that will be very fast the 6-10 sec startups we see in the videos. when you take out the batt. and under other cases where it is totally shut down it will take longer to boot.

as everyone keeps saying we really wont know about the batt. life until its been released.

I could be wrong, but I thought on the video he removed the battery then turned it on...and it came on in less than 10 seconds.
I could be wrong...maybe someone who's drooled/watched it a gazillion times could clarify...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hermes14