Battery life

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm a moderate user. How's the battery life on the s6? I know the s7 is going have a bigger battery, but I'd be happy with the s6 especially now that they'll be cleaning them out at some really good prices.

Posted via the Android Central App

ezaz

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
It will depend on a lot of factors, but certainly battery life is not a strength of the S6 and S6 Edge.

I've got three phones running now and clearly the S6 Edge is the most "challenged" of the group. Part of that could be carrier signal issues, but generally it reminds me of the original Nexus 5.

Certainly you'll want to keep charging gear nearby. Good news is that it does have wireless charging built in (though it doesn't come with a wireless charging device, though they aren't that expensive. It also supports rapid charging, so you can get it back to 100% pretty quickly.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Right, but I think I'll wait for the bigger battery S7. I went from the note 4 (which is an awesome phone) to the lg v10. Got to say I'm loving it. But I do want another samsung.

Posted via the Android Central App

ezaz

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
How much time were you getting on average with the Note 4? The S6/S6 Edge is going to well below that (assuming your apps, usage, carrier, etc. haven't changed significantly since you used the Note).

Remember the S6/S6 Edge are smaller phones with smaller batteries, so even if battery life was on par with Samsung's prior generation it would still go down. And why are you looking at the S6/S6 Edge rather than either a Note 5 or a GS6 Edge Plus?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci