Battery Loss

Xanthia Clark

Sep 16, 2021
Visit site
Hi there - I have a new Tab S7 lite, and I am at a loss as to what would explain this (greater than 50%) battery loss in 48 hours with NO USE??

You can see that it has not been used over this time (smooth degradation from start to finish) and only 0.8% has been used by the app with the highest burn? How?

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230528_190324_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20230528_190324_Device care.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 21

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome.

Devices tend to mutter to themselves if there is a data connection, refreshing things in the background or syncing this and that.

Does the battery seem okay in normal use?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Your getting notifications in background as you see in your status bar so thing's are working but looking at your battery stats you have nothing to worry about .

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Android tablets do not have the longevity in standby that an iPad has. It seems to do a lot more in the background. 2 days with minimal use seems pretty good to me for an android device.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, that's disappointing.

I've thought about getting a Samsung tablet, but not with that kind of standby battery life. I've been using Amazon Fire tablets for years, and when not it use, it can go for up to two weeks. And that's with syncing my email and the few apps that do get updates in the background.

And that's with Google Play Services and the Store loaded taking up more resources than usual for a normally Google-less tablet

I currently have a 2018 HD 8 and my wife has a 2021 HD 10.

Granted, while being used, it's not the best - maybe a day playing music with headphones (which is what I use it most for). Less if actively browsing and playing videos. But still, standby time is mesured in weeks. That's just with the cover closed. Not even totally "off".

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming the OP is using a Tab A7 lite, since there is no "Tab S7 lite." The A7 lite has a 5100 mAh battery, compared to the S7's 8000 mAh battery, so keep in mind that it has a smaller battery than its big brother.

I also have a Tab A7 lite, and the battery menu estimates about 4 days of standby for me as well. The official specs claim "up to 15 days of standby", but this is almost certainly dependent on turning on all of the power-saver modes.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, that's disappointing.

I've thought about getting a Samsung tablet, but not with that kind of standby battery life. .

Overnight I like to turn my devices off, including my tablet, a 7+.

Sometimes I forget. I have never had much battery loss overnight on the 7+, a few percent at most. I don't see any particular problem with this device.

I have experienced this on other devices. I downloaded programs indicating where and when my battery was active and it was generally a pain in the butt. Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svtracy