Battery low warning --> 15% --> OFF within seconds?

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
I don't tend to let my battery drain below 30/40% without plugging in. However, I happened to be away from a power source for a while yesterday. Then, when I my phone got to 15%, I received the low battery warning and thought I better get to some power in the next 30 minutes or so. I looked down 10 seconds or so after the warning and my phone was dead. The iOS user I was with happened to have a micro USB, so I plugged in. When my screen finally displayed something, it read 0%. Why did I go from 15% to 0% in 10 seconds? That's not cool.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: Battery low warning --> 15% --> OFF within seconds?

If it's been a long time, if ever, since you rebooted your phone the calibration could be off. The meter might state 20% when it's actually 2%. Also try remove the battery and rub its and the phones contacts with a pencil eraser. It was a must do on my older phones.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Re: Battery low warning --&gt; 15% --&gt; OFF within seconds?

Excellent suggestion to yourself! :)

Was your battery wobbly?

I did see that suggestion, but no, no wobble.

If it's been a long time, if ever, since you rebooted your phone the calibration could be off. The meter might state 20% when it's actually 2%. Also try remove the battery and rub its and the phones contacts with a pencil eraser. It was a must do on my older phones.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

I reboot probably weekly-ish, monthly at minimum. I will try cleaning the contacts. Thanks.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillPlayGames