Battery Optimizer (aka Doze) not staying on on my M9

matty3054

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Just updated to Marshmallow. First thing i did was go into the battery settings. I turned on "optimize" but when I go out of it and back in, the setting is back to being turned off.

Help!

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Just updated to Marshmallow. First thing i did was go into the battery settings. I turned on "optimize" but when I go out of it and back in, the setting is back to being turned off.

Help!
I just checked mine too and see the same problem. I've been off the charger for about 40 mins and have checked Facebook and a couple of little things and I'm still at 100%, making me think its actually on. Before this I would have been down a percent or three by now...

remix1982

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
From what I've been able to determine there are certain Google Centric Apps are not optimized. I assume these are essential to making your phone run. However if you tap on the text right above the apps where it says "Battery Optimization: Not Optimized" you get a filter option. Switching this filter will show all the apps Doze is optimizing. This article does a good job explaining how Doze actually works Inside Marshmallow: What is Doze, how do I use it and what does it do? | Android Central
Doze not optimized.pngdoze filter.pngdoze optimized.png

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I checked and doze doesn't even optimize Google Play Services. What's the point of not doing that? That is one of the biggest culprits when it comes to battery life. I was really surprised.

Posted via the Android Central App

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I checked and doze doesn't even optimize Google Play Services. What's the point of not doing that? That is one of the biggest culprits when it comes to battery life. I was really surprised.

Haha, Do you know what google play services does?

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Also. It looks like overnight I lose 3% battery life. Before Marshmallow I was losing 9%.

Jeff Pom

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
On Lollipop, my battery life is about 3 hours. Keeping in mind that I'm a power user, I still think its crap. Yet, my Note 3 running Kit Kat gets about 5 hours. :-/

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
On Lollipop, my battery life is about 3 hours. Keeping in mind that I'm a power user, I still think its crap. Yet, my Note 3 running Kit Kat gets about 5 hours. :-/

I'm still getting 3 to 3.5 hours on screen time as well. It is just my standby is better because of doze.