Battery Panel Popping

Rndcheg

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I have the regular back, not ballistic nylon, Turbo and I have noticed that when I press on the Verizon logo on the back, it moves in and out and makes a popping sound. Is this normal and are others having this occur? I don't remember it occurring until lately so was wondering it if is an issue. Thanks for the response.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the nylon but have seen a couple of YouTube videos showing it on new devices. Don't really know if it's normal or not. Check out YouTube.

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it is normal. Watch the 'tear-down' videos where they take apart the turbo. It is adhesive that is making the sound that has lost contact with its target. I kept pushing on mine and it went away (finally adhered) after a few days. it may come back but it isn't a big deal.

Danny1Bears3

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I have the regular back, not ballistic nylon, Turbo and I have noticed that when I press on the Verizon logo on the back, it moves in and out and makes a popping sound. Is this normal and are others having this occur? I don't remember it occurring until lately so was wondering it if is an issue. Thanks for the response.

Do you have the 64GB? I noticed that this is a common problem with the 64GB. I exchanged it for a 32GB and it had the problem, but I got it to adhere and now I don't have the problem.

Turbo Shot

graygr

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I imagine if you use the heat method demonstrated to take it apart and then pressed on it till it cooled it might re-adhere better.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I imagine if you use the heat method demonstrated to take it apart and then pressed on it till it cooled it might re-adhere better.

I would like to do that, but I was scared. Would that type of heat damage anything, even if the phone was powered off?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCheekyDinosaur