Battery Percentage Accuracy?

speeddad

Nov 28, 2020
Visit site
I notice that my P5's battery percentage will read 100% for the first 4-5 hours, then suddenly drops of something like 92%, and then keeps dropping normally as it should for the rest of the day, and drops a bit faster in the evening (no usage behavior changes). Not that I'm complaining, It's still at 60-ish % after a long day of use, but it seems to "stick" at 100% for a long time before it wakes up and reads more what I'd expect it to. Anyone else noticed this?

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I notice that my P5's battery percentage will read 100% for the first 4-5 hours, then suddenly drops of something like 92%, and then keeps dropping normally as it should for the rest of the day, and drops a bit faster in the evening (no usage behavior changes). Not that I'm complaining, It's still at 60-ish % after a long day of use, but it seems to "stick" at 100% for a long time before it wakes up and reads more what I'd expect it to. Anyone else noticed this?
Every day. Also not complaining. Battery life is ridiculous.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't experience that. For me it gradually drains as normal, but i agree battery has been nothing but amazing.

nathdogg1985

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Mine will stick at 100% if left idle (my previous phone also did the same), but it will quickly start to drop if I start using the phone (screen on).

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Just thought I'd chuck this page in.... 69% and that's normal usage from 7.15am this morning. Decent bit of browsing, 5 or 6 calls, played music off the internal storage and watched a 10 minute YouTube video... AmazingScreenshot_20201222-230043.jpeg

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just thought I'd chuck this page in.... 69% and that's normal usage from 7.15am this morning. Decent bit of browsing, 5 or 6 calls, played music off the internal storage and watched a 10 minute YouTube video... AmazingView attachment 330039
Haha, oh, yeah, about the same for me! USB type-c charging up via Android Auto in the car, and with restricting background activity for Tapatalk app since that is causing my Google play services to go up exponentially high and drain even more battery, I sipped battery all day long at work today. I'm at 68% battery right now. Not too too shabby. In the past, when I have not restricted background activity for Tapatalk, my Google play services was at about 8 to 10% of battery and I could never figure out why.

speeddad

Nov 28, 2020
Visit site
I didn't put my phone on the charger last night. Right now, after 1 day and 5 hours, I still have 46% battery left and it says it should last until about 2:15am tonight. I'm not babying it either, regular use, listening to music on my pixel buds, and watched a few youtube videos. Definitely a 2-day phone!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I didn't put my phone on the charger last night. Right now, after 1 day and 5 hours, I still have 46% battery left and it says it should last until about 2:15am tonight. I'm not babying it either, regular use, listening to music on my pixel buds, and watched a few youtube videos. Definitely a 2-day phone!
Messages mine dude. Listening to my Pandora stations through my pixel buds, although for my slack work app, and my Tapatalk app I have restricted background activity to conserve the most amount of battery because Tapatalk like I said does drain a lot of battery through Google play services. But, other than that, I am using my phone like I normally would. And my phone's battery is a freaking beast.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Mine stays about 100 for about 30 min normal use. Loving the 7hr plus SOT with juice left at the end of the day for another 2hrs...lol

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah, the battery on the phone is awesome! That's why it won phone of the award from AndroidPolice.com. Also, if you find certain apps which are using a lot of background activity, you can disable them in the battery settings menu for increased battery life.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, well, that's what you get when you use a less power hungry chipset, slightly lower resolution & smaller display panel, and finally put a massive 4,080 mAh battery inside of the phone! It's wonderful!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796