Battery totally drained, phone unresponsive now?

rossini

May 28, 2010
Visit site
So I woke up this morning and I hadn't charged my phone over night. The minute I went to check my email I got the on screen message that the battery is drained and the phone is powering itself off. It proceeds to power off and I go to plug it into the wall and NOTHING.

No LED light of any kind. I try turning it on again while plugged in, nothing. I removed the battery, put it back in, while still plugged into wall, NOTHING. I even put a brand new battery in, NOTHING.

Is this phone really BRICKED? From just draining the battery? Anyone have this problem? Advice?

I looked on the forum and no one appears to have had this specific problem under these circumstances.

Thanks

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That's a strange one. I was going to say that it might be your charger, then I read where you also tried another battery. (Was this battery fully charge)

I'm lost for words... It could be the batteries, it could be the phone, it is a possibility that it might be the charger, as well as it could be You. You might be missing something. Take the phone in for a diagnostic test, or repair/replacement.

rossini

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I've tried three different batteries (one of which was brand new, never even opened OEM). The charger works fine because my wifes phone charges fine on it. Just remarkable that a phone can brick this easily. Simply from draining a battery to the point it powers off.

rossini

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. I looked at the phone and went to unlock it and as I was sliding it down to unlock the POWERING OFF message popped up. It went black rather quickly so what I'm guessing is it actually ran out of power in the middle of the power down phase and somehow shorted something out. A short or something similar is really the only thing I can imagine would completely brick a phone to the point where it doesn't even receive juice when plugged in. I know this because the battery doesn't even get hot which means electricity isn't even being received from the power cord.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61