Beats Audio vs. other Sound Enhancer setting

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been listening to a lot of rap, RnB, and pop music since I got my EVO LTE and I find myself liking the "Sweetener" sound enhancer over the other settings, including Beats Audio. I used various earphones and headphones and "Sweetener" always came out sounding better.

What about for you guys? Which Sound Enhancer sounds better to you for the type of music you listen to?

krcm0209

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I find myself using the "Beats urBeats" enhancer, not the "Beats Solo" or "Beats Other" aswell as any normal enhancers. The headphones I use are the V-moda Crossfade LP's, and I find that the Beats urBeats enhancer brings out more treble and mids without loosing too much bass. It's worth noting that the Crossfade LP's have a tendency to be a tad bass heavy, not nearly as much as any official Beats headphones, but just enough to make treble heavy music to sound a little off.

Here's a pic of my headphones:
11752718-moda-crossfade-lp-headphones-white-pearl.jpg

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I find myself using the "Beats urBeats" enhancer, not the "Beats Solo" or "Beats Other" aswell as any normal enhancers.

LOL, I didn't realize there were other "Beats" enhancers until you mentioned it. Took me a while to find it until I decided to click on that tiny arrow on the Sound Enhance title bar at the top of the screen.

I've been using "Beats Other" this whole time, so no wonder "Sweetener" sounded better to me. :p I'll try "Beats urBeats" for a while and see how it goes.

Thanks for pointing that out for me.

BTW, nice looking headphones you got there. I hear nothing but positive reviews on the V-Moda Crossfade LP headphones. I use the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 when I'm at home and the Bose IE2 when I'm outside.

audio-technica_ath-m50.jpg

Bose-IE2-headphones_1.jpg

Last edited:

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I use th beats audio and it sound good with my all my earphones

Sent from ATRIX 4g rooted,unlocked and OC to 1.45 with nottachtrix rom using tapatalk 2

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Can you use volume+ app with beats to increase volume output through speakers,headset,Bluetooth without altering beats sound?

Ian B

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Can you use volume+ app with beats to increase volume output through speakers,headset,Bluetooth without altering beats sound?

Ian B

If you don't use the enhancers on their yes but if you use the equalizer it will change it some

Sent from ATRIX 4g rooted,unlocked and OC to 1.45 with nottachtrix rom using tapatalk 2

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I use the Audio-Technica ATH-M50
I have the ATH-M40fs headphones and I love them; nice and flat frequency response. Although they have the problem of being too honest, if you have a crappy player or recording it will show.

I have been unhappy with every portable audio device I have ever had except for the Cowon that I currently use or the Nexus S that I had.

I always play FLAC and am nervous about what the EVO LTE will offer. "Beats Audio" is essentially a bass boost EQ curve; I would be unlikely to use it as it's manipulation of the audio track is unwanted.

I want to hear what the artist intended, an EQ is meant to make adjustments for imperfections in the listening device, not the source.

I was extremely unimpressed with the Original EVO sound quality. How does this compare?

krcm0209

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I have the ATH-M40fs headphones and I love them; nice and flat frequency response. Although they have the problem of being too honest, if you have a crappy player or recording it will show.

I have been unhappy with every portable audio device I have ever had except for the Cowon that I currently use or the Nexus S that I had.

I always play FLAC and am nervous about what the EVO LTE will offer. "Beats Audio" is essentially a bass boost EQ curve; I would be unlikely to use it as it's manipulation of the audio track is unwanted.

I want to hear what the artist intended, an EQ is meant to make adjustments for imperfections in the listening device, not the source.

I was extremely unimpressed with the Original EVO sound quality. How does this compare?

You can turn all audio enhancements off completely if you wish. I have been very pleased with the audio coming out of the 3.5mm headphone jack thus far. No complaints whatsoever.

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The only time you will truly notice a difference is with beats headphones. Bose manipulate the music and make it extremely clear, while beats gives you what it would sound like in the studio

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
The only time you will truly notice a difference is with beats headphones. Bose manipulate the music and make it extremely clear, while beats gives you what it would sound like in the studio
Bose does no such thing and Beats is extremely far from what the studio intends.

The best headphones to give "what the studio intended" would have a flat frequency response, accurately recreating the recorded music.

I'm just trying to figure out it the DAC is any good in the EVO LTE.

JoshK

May 30, 2010
Visit site

It is night and day, I just switched and after playing with the adjustments I couldn't be happier.. . .I am listening to music on it now. No matter what equalizer or headphones I used on my OG I was never impressed but I am impressed by the LTE.

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I already liked the sound in my Charger without this phone and Beats Audio, but with the phone hooked up through the auxiliary with Beats urBeats........almost sounds like I have an aftermarket setup in my ride:D

Officially sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson