Bedside alarm clock?

azwinter

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Hello all new here and looking at switching from my BlackBerry tho the new Eris when it hits VZW.
My question is since this is basically a Hero repackaged can anyone tell me about the ability to use this as a bedside alarm clock.
Does it change to a clock interface? Can it be dimmed? and how reliable is the alarm function?
Thanks for the info.
Also can you turn the phone volume off so alerts and phone calls dont ring while still leaving the alarm volume active?

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
It's not like the BB, the screen goes to sleep. As far as the alarm goes, after removing all task managers/killers the alarm has gone off every time without fail.

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
I was also wondering about isolating the alarm tone. I came to the Hero from a Tmob Sidekick LX, and I could override the profile settings when using the alarm. So if I had the Kick completely on silent with no vibration or anything, the alarm would still sound.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
With the Hero set to silent or vibrate only the alarm still functions just fine. It has it's own volume setting in the alarm app and is not dependant on the device volume settings.

azwinter

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the reply's, coming from Blackberry and profiles and a phone that goes into bedside mode when plugged in I want to make sure that I will have similar functionality.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RVHauler