Before I give, need advice about how to tackle this defective cam.

Anoles

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
My One is about a year and 8 months old. The purple tint/stripes on my photos has just gotten worse and worse. I've come across many accounts of people going to Sprint and swapping for a free, albeit refurbished, replacement. I've even read accounts of people claiming they were given an M8. Well, I talked to Sprint. They told me I'm at a loss. They won't exchange it...period. HTC has been a mixed bag. Some techs act like they're familiar with the problem and want to help, others tell me the age of my phone puts me out of the warranty period. This is a defect of their product that is not the result of me breaking my device. I'd like to explore every option before I just get a different phone.

Those out there who had luck exchanging their One for a new unit:
- Was your phone less than a year old?
- Did you go through Sprint?
- If so, what did you say/do?
- Did you go through HTC?
- If so, what did you do? And did you get your exact phone back with a new camera? Or did you go without a phone only to get a refurb with the same defect?

Thanks to anyone with any input.

Anoles

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Over 1500 views and 0 replies tells me the odds were never that good. After HTC being somewhat inconsistent, and Sprint telling me a replacement was a maybe, I decided to go to the Sprint store. Well, they ended up telling me that my phone was way too old to just replace. They admitted it was a defect, but said I'd have to pay the standard fee for a refurbished trade. I opted to just upgrade and try a different phone. Thus ends my saga with the HTC One and the infamous thermal defect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shrubby18