best 4.1.1 rom

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
If I could vote twice, both votes would be for JBSourcery. Like ddemlong said!!! I just found in it's tools the fix for Verizon Data usage login. Links to a ton of different kernels to download, WOW! and just wait until SteamWorks theme comes out for it. No other ROM need apply.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I've tried many different JB roms and I've pretty much liked all of them. I tend to like roms with more customization options. Of course, they need to be stable, but even some no names I tried were pretty much solid. Recently I've pretty much run either AOKP, Euroskank, CM10, JBSourcery (although 2.1 was a disaster that the devs admitted and quickly fixed in 2.2), or CNA for about a week at a time. That said I've tried about every rom on galaxynexusroms at one point by now. I've been running CNA 3.5 with Franco M5 and it's been flawless, but so have many others. JBSourcery has to take the cake for having the most options built in (as in being able to flash mods/icons/fixes from within the rom manager), but I found flashing this or that myself here and there more fun. Setup is snappy and painless with the help of Google, Nova, and MyBackup Pro. Make a nandroid and flash away without fear. I suggest looking through the rom/kernel options etc. before bothering to setup your phone.

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
CNA has been the best for me. It's just been so solid I haven't tried anything else since the early days of ES and the first few ports.

cpne

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Bugless Beast is my favorite. I used to like the ROMs that added a lot of customization options, but I think 4.1 is just about right as-is. The vanilla is lovely.

yuzume83

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Currently running JBSourcery and loving it. I love the customization options. It comes with all kinds of mods - battery mods, softkeys, toggles, themes, and many more that you can download through the ROM. :D

walt27

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I new to all root stuff but its been easy so far. I have tried cm 10 nightly but the best one so far is xenon HD. It has more customized features than cm 10 nightly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

obnok

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
anyone have a preference that is based upon the rom with best battery life? im running vicious.. (probably an earlier build) and have an extended battery, but tend to still be charging often (given im a heavy user) but want to just have a very stock rom with fantastic battery life. any ideas?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeneralCaveman216