Best Android book for noobs

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
A friend of mine just picked up a Galaxy Nexus from Verizon. I've helped her as much as I can, but she's leaving on a two week trip and asked me if there's a book she can buy to take with her. I've pointed her to the Help and How To articles here, but she wants it in book form. It looks like "Android for Dummies" is nearly a year old and the new version won't be in print until September. Is there another book that's up to date enough that anyone can recommend?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Boy, I really don't have any suggestions. So much stuff is on the internet now (and technology moves so fast) that I find books kindof useless and instantly outdated for stuff like that. And most books out are about development, not about how to actually use the phone.

Does she have the user guide that came with the phone? That would be a good place to start.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
A friend of mine just picked up a Galaxy Nexus from Verizon. I've helped her as much as I can, but she's leaving on a two week trip and asked me if there's a book she can buy to take with her. I've pointed her to the Help and How To articles here, but she wants it in book form. It looks like "Android for Dummies" is nearly a year old and the new version won't be in print until September. Is there another book that's up to date enough that anyone can recommend?

For the most part, much of the general tips tricks and knowledge doesn't really get outdated that quickly. If 'Dummies' is based on at least 4.1 it should be OK to get started. I figure something is better than nothing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
androcentral168