Best browser app?

anon(819941)

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I know its just personal preference, but what's the best browser app?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

I guess you are talking about Internet Browsers... While we wait for the upcoming Dolphin engine to go live, because it promises significant speed benefits, my favorite is Google Chrome, even if it is still in beta and doesn?t support Flash.

Firefox and Opera have both disappointed me.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I use dolphin HD browse works really well and lots of customizations and add ons.:beer::p

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I prefer the Chrome Beta over Dolphin and the built-in. The built-in is decent but I like the integration when using Chrome, it's very convenient.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
For the phone, with a small screen, the ICS Stock browser is the best choice over all.

Yes, Chrome, Firefox, and HD all are pretty good, but realistically they all have some failings when used on a small screen. They are better suited to tablets.

Their problems: They all prefer to show you the full site, making you zoom in, and accidentally triggering links on busy pages, or they show you the "Mobile" pages on some sites. They are all huge, sucking up lots of memory. There is some evidence that merely having chrome on your device slows it down, at least this has been seen on some ICS tablets.

Full screen rendering of websites is seldom useful on small screens.
Yes, you can turn this off in some cases, but then the pages are equally uselss in the opposite direction, and you have to zoom out to read anything.

Stock browser seems to intelligently focus on what you want to read. Pick an item out of Google News, and it seems to automatically find the column on that page that has the text you want, and shifts the ads off screen. There if you want them, but 99% of the time you don't.

It also has a Read button on the top, that renders the text and nothing but the text in large print. A godsend for those sites that insist on imposing some ridiculously tiny font with some equally ridiculously long lines.

Stock's failing is hiding the tabs list on a tricky pulldown. (The quirky labs feature can help with tab switching, but then you lose the "Read" feature.

Stock is also slower than Firefox or Chrome, to say nothing about HD's new render engine. But the internet connection is slower than any browser, so having the fastest browser doesn't always help.

I still use Firefox occasionally, but Stock is my favorite.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Chrome beta has a very nice feature where, if you tap on an area with a bunch of links close together, it'll magnify the area and allow you to clarify which link you were tapping on. The stock ICS browser in my HTC doesn't do that.

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I've tried em all, and I really love HTc's stock browser.

The cropping of text works flawlessly for me, and its such a great help. - I just love it.

I see no need for me to use a third party browser. :)

.... boring, I know. Lol

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Martinezma99

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Chrome Beta hands down. No issues with battery plus only browser that allows me to connect to video servers to see live video footage. Only possible on android chrome beta and mobile safari on ios.

HTC One xl

puffski

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I used Opera Mini for a little while and it was very slow so I switched to Chrome and now it's out of beta :) chrome is awesome! Love the bookmarks and syncing ability

cwells

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I like chrome I have been using it for a couple of weeks now although I do like the default browser because of the copy and paste like mentioned by another poster.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlossinsurance