Best case for Galaxy S3?

Boylen33

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I am about to pull my hair out. After dropping my S3 (without a case), cracking the screen, and then dropping $150 on the insurance to get a replacement, I want to make sure this one is at least somewhat protected. I've been looking for the "right" case for two days online. But I can't come to a conclusion.

I know it's a matter of preference when it comes to cases, but what is the best case out there for the S3? Here is what I'm looking for:

-slimmest/sleekest case that offers the best protection (I hate Otterbox because of the bulk)
-something that is not flimsy plastic that will break in a week (price is of no concern)

Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
You should consider otterbox this time, their defender cases for the s3 are nice. They add a little bulk but not as much as previous versions of the defender. :thumbup:

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
And otterbox commuter isn't nearly as thick as you would think it is. It's pretty thin and nice.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Rather than starting another 'case' thread here on the main Samsung Galaxy S3 forum . . it's really pretty easy to make up your own mind, and to make your own decision, after simply clicking on the Samsung Galaxy S3 Accessories sub-forum? and then reading the plethora of 'case' threads; e.g.-

Which case are you using.
Thinnest TPU case you know of...
Otterbox Defender for S3 Review
NEW Seidio OBEX Waterproof Case [Now Shipping!]
S3 Otterbox Defender Case Review
Element case for Galaxy S3
Best Exercise Case/Armband for Samsung Galaxy s3?
Free Zoo Gue GS3 cases (you pay s/h)
Morphie case for S3
Lifeproof for S3
Samsung OEM GS3 Slim Cover 2 pack pattern cases
OtterBox Commuter case
Which case ?
Urban Armor Gear for the S3

. . etc.-etc.-etc...ad nauseam.

You will also find all and sundry 'case' threads? under each of the four main carriers 'Accessories' sub-forums.

Last edited:

leprechaunshawn

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I use two cases. My daily user is a Speck FabShell. When I know I?ll be somewhere that the phone might be subjected to a little more abuse, I put on an Otterbox Commuter.