Best most stable Sense 3.0 rom?

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I was looking for the most stable Sense 3.0 rom, that has all the features of sense 3.0. Plus I will be rooting from gingerbread.Thanks for everyone always being so helpful on here.

Saiyajin

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm running the Virtuous Unity ROM and it's great. Very smooth, overclocked, and I've had no problems with reception, rebooting, or freezing. And this new Sense is far, far better than the 2.1 that comes with the Inc 2.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm running the Virtuous Unity ROM and it's great. Very smooth, overclocked, and I've had no problems with reception, rebooting, or freezing. And this new Sense is far, far better than the 2.1 that comes with the Inc 2.

So it runs smooth? Is there a way to keep it stock, like at 1ghz? Plus I'm running 2.3.3, is it ok to install this?

Saiyajin

May 12, 2010
Visit site
It runs very smooth, and the ROM is built on 2.3.3. When you install it, it runs at 1 Ghz by default. There's an app by the Virtuous team that lets you overclock if you choose to. Bear in mind that when you load this, you need to do a total backup of your phone first, because the safest way to install the ROM on your phone is to have it do a complete wipe, installing using ROM manager. That way you can restore the phone in the unlikely event that something goes wrong.

I could be wrong and don't want to oversimplify here, but just to make sure you understand, loading a new ROM is like formatting and installing Windows or Linux on your computer. It's a whole new copy of the Android OS, with the new Sense skin added, and bloatware removed.

So basically you're loading the same 2.3.3 onto your phone, with a better Sense, fewer useless VZW apps, and when it's done, you'll have to reactivate the phone and set it up just like you did when you first got it. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Adroit0420

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
i was using their ROM as well it is a good running ROM with nice features. I did have some troubles sending and receiving MMS, also it does not allow you to change from GSM to CDMA like the stock ROM which really only matters if your using it globally.

kroman1107

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Newt over at xda has several sense 3.0 Roms most better then virtuous more stable and he updates it periodically. He just release a beta version on 2.3.5 from the desire s . I'm running the pyramid Rom he's got out nd it has virtually no bugs mms works WiFi etc. He's got something even newer on the way he hasn't spilled the beans yet.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tack

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
If you want Global / GSM support you should go for a mixed 2.1/3.0 ROM like Newts over at XDA or Skyraider Zeus. I hear great things about both. Skyraider is not on XDA. Link below.

Skyraider Zeus Link

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Right now I'm running viruous unity rom, did the mms fix.The fact that the rom says Evdo instead of 3g anoys me so I think I'm going to switch. I might try the pyramid rom.Thanks everyone.

JoshB410

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
If you want Global / GSM support you should go for a mixed 2.1/3.0 ROM like Newts over at XDA or Skyraider Zeus. I hear great things about both. Skyraider is not on XDA. Link below.

Skyraider Zeus Link

I'm completely new to rooting. . .just rooted my Inc2 on 2.3.3 with Skyraider Zeus. No complaints so far, immediately did a battery recalibration and have been starting to explore what I can do being rooted. . .

deano131

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Right now I'm running viruous unity rom, did the mms fix.The fact that the rom says Evdo instead of 3g anoys me so I think I'm going to switch. I might try the pyramid rom.Thanks everyone.

I'm running the Virtuous Unity ROM myself and find it to be as reliable and as good as the stock ROM without all the crap plus Sence 3.0.

Here is a fix the EVDO to 3G. I did the transparent inverted notification pull down with all the extra settings working. Perfect ROM for me.
[theme/mods] for Virtuous Unity - UPDATED 8/15/11 - GB MENU COMPLETE - xda-developers

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm running the Virtuous Unity ROM myself and find it to be as reliable and as good as the stock ROM without all the crap plus Sence 3.0.

Here is a fix the EVDO to 3G. I did the transparent inverted notification pull down with all the extra settings working. Perfect ROM for me.
[theme/mods] for Virtuous Unity - UPDATED 8/15/11 - GB MENU COMPLETE - xda-developers

Thank you so much, I found that rom to be the most polished rom, I tried all the other sense 3.0 roms and Virtuous Unity is by far the best I just hated the stupid evdo crap. What I want is to make my phone look like it has 3.0 stock. No add ons or anything.My favorite thing to do is make a phone look like another phone with roms. Thanks.

Jamezcua

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I got everything running last night great. But today I'm noticing that I cant send or receive mms messages. Anyone having that issue?

cvo515

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I too am running the new virtuous unity with accurate battery mod I'm testing from chris3d and gps icon removal and 3g icon. Running amazing. Not one hiccup or glitch after flashing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX