Best place to purchase S5 out of contract?

JeffMerr

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
After 4 weeks I'm not a fan of my droid turbo and would like to go back to Samsung. I had an S3 prior and absolutely loved the phone. Since I can't exchange my droid I'll need to purchase the S5 outright and then sell my droid on eBay. Wheres the best place right now to purchase a new S5? Id like to avoid ebay if possible due to shady cell phone sellers but it seems that most retail places want $600, which seems crazy for a phone that is a year old. Any tips? Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The S5 is still the new "S" phone, so the price is still high. If you're willing to wait until a month or so after the S6 comes out, you'll save a bundle. (If you find one for under $500, it's probably a Chinese clone, and the only thing "S5" about it is the markings on the case.)

Other than that, any reputable place is good, choose by price including shipping (or tax if you buy locally, which I prefer to do in case it has to be returned).

As for selling, try Swappa if you're selling a legitimate phone in good condition. You'll probably get more.

JeffMerr

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't even aware the S6 was coming out that soon. I can't definitely wait a month if it saves me some cash. Thanks for the info!

captfbgnet

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Definitely check out Swappa.com. Choose provider and phone. The site has a great reputation and my two new Sprint GS5 arrived in two days. A trusted source. Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan