Best prepaid choice: Motorola i1, Sanyo ZIO, or Samsung Intercept?

MrSlim71

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Right now, I am a Boost Mobile customer (since June) and I currently have the BlackBerry Curve 8330, which became available at the beginning of the year. Shortly after I went with Boost and got the BB Curve, they introduced the their 1st Android phone (Motorola i1), which is what I really wanted. Now I'm debating whether or not I'm just gonna stick with the BB phone that I already have for a while or upgrade to a nicer Android some where down the road. If I do choose the latter, I'm wondering if I should stick with Boost and get the i1 or go with Virgin Mobile (who I used to have back in the day) and get the new Samsung Intercept or even go with Cricket, who also as an Android phone, the Sanyo ZIO.

Which one is the best?

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Right now, I am a Boost Mobile customer (since June) and I currently have the BlackBerry Curve 8330, which became available at the beginning of the year. Shortly after I went with Boost and got the BB Curve, they introduced the their 1st Android phone (Motorola i1), which is what I really wanted. Now I'm debating whether or not I'm just gonna stick with the BB phone that I already have for a while or upgrade to a nicer Android some where down the road. If I do choose the latter, I'm wondering if I should stick with Boost and get the i1 or go with Virgin Mobile (who I used to have back in the day) and get the new Samsung Intercept or even go with Cricket, who also as an Android phone, the Sanyo ZIO.

Which one is the best?

IMO, any droid will be a big step up from a 8330.
I was on Virgin Mobile for years and got approved by Sprint with no deposit. Have you tried a major company, much better selection of phones?

Sent from my Samsung Intercept using Tapatalk.

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Samsung Intercept Review (Virgin Mobile) - Smartphones - CNET Reviews

(this is a review of the intercept on Virgin, I assume it will be similar. Big strong point is that it has 2.1 OS. A 3.2 inch screen doesn't move me, though that may not be a big deal for you. I had a similar size screen on my old Palm Pre and struggled with the touch interface as a result.

Sanyo Zio M6000 Review (Cricket Wireless) - Smartphones - CNET Reviews

Above is a Zio review (again on a different carrier). The bigger screen is a plus, but Android 1.6 will leave you behind on some features. I'd skip this one.

Motorola i1 Review (Boost Mobile) - Smartphones - CNET Reviews

And there's a review of the Motorola, actually a Boost phone reviewed this time. I hope the phone has been updated from 1.5 since this review was made. It has a small screen, and if not updated, a very old version of the OS. The ruggedization could be a really nice feature if you will take the phone in harm's way.

I'm unenthused about any of these for myself, the reviews may help you decide. If I had to choose one of these, I suspect I'd go with the intercept. Your priorities may be different from mine, though.

MrSlim71

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Now I have another phone options that needs to be thrown into the mix, thanks to Virgin Mobile, the LG Optimus One (soon to be Optimus V on VM). How does this one compare to the ones I previously mentioned in this thread?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam_274