Best price on Evo4G right now? - Radio Shack trade-in ended last Sat...

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Where is the best price on the Evo4G as of today? I did not know the trade-in deal on the Evo died on Saturday, or I would have bought it then. Went in there today, and they only do the $50 credit on the Epic now.

Anyone know where it is selling for less than $199? I am Sprint Premier with full upgrade credit right now.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I picked mine up at BestBuy last Friday. Now, the price is still $199, but through the end of the month they are offering the "Buy Back Program" for free!!!

That means I purchased my Evo for $199 and I will be able to hand it back over to them in 12-18 months (I get moved to Premier Gold next Feb) and they will give me $180 towards a new phone.

So, if the Evo 2 comes out this summer and is priced at $250, I will be able to pick it up next Feb for a measly $70.

This Buy Back Program is SO WORTH IT for Sprint Premier Gold members. I will never buy a mobile phone answer else!!! It is even worth it for Silver members because in the 18-24 month timeslot, you still get $120 back.

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up the Evo on Radioshack.com (via phone) for 175 (phone+shipping+tax)

Brings the cost to 192 with the sprint activation fee.

Proly a major price drop coming in a month or 2, but didn't want to sit on my Pre anymore.

lasooner

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Radio Shack.com is selling the EVO for $149.99 this week. I walked into Best Buy with the Radio Shack ad (printed from radioshack.com) and told them the local Shack would honor the internet price. Ok, that wasn't exactly true but Best Buy matched the radioshack.com price. Also, I got the Buy Back program for free. I got a $149.99 phone that I can use for 2 years and then get $120 back from Best Buy. Awesome deal.

If you live in a big town there are several Best Buys around. One of them will match the price.

Reactions: long_tall_texan

Unibrow

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I got my upgrade in December for the Evo for a lowly $99. I haven't seen it that low again but I have seen it for $149.99.

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Radio Shack.com is selling the EVO for $149.99 this week. I walked into Best Buy with the Radio Shack ad (printed from radioshack.com) and told them the local Shack would honor the internet price. Ok, that wasn't exactly true but Best Buy matched the radioshack.com price. Also, I got the Buy Back program for free. I got a $149.99 phone that I can use for 2 years and then get $120 back from Best Buy. Awesome deal.

If you live in a big town there are several Best Buys around. One of them will match the price.

I tried this today at lunch. and now I am a proud owner of a new Evo 4G. I just printed out the page from radioshack.com. Best Buy did not care if it was web-only for RS or not. They had no problem matching the 149.99 price in store. Also, just an FYI for anyone else in the market right now, the free buy-back program ends today. So if you want one, go snatch it up today at Best Buy.

I am Sprint Premier Gold, so in a year, I will be eligible for upgrade again, AND I will have $240 Best Buy credit towards the next new phone!

jalaazul

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
$179 ($99 for new contracts), no activation, free shipping, no tax:

Amazon.com: HTC EVO 4G Android Phone (Sprint): Cell Phones & Accessories

Hi all! Super new here! Don't worry, I read extensively before I ask any questions. I try really hard not to ask redundant q's. I don't alienate the ppl I need help from.

Anyway, I purchased my EVO from Amazon. I added a new line to my account. I got it for $99.99 last week(02/17). I'm sitting here with a Shift (also $99.99) that was delivered today. (I called Amazon to let them know I made a mistake ordering the EVO, I wanted the Shift.)

The funny thing is that the price of the Shift had gone up to $149.99 for a new line, but the rep I spoke to stated that they were the same price. Of course I wasn't gonna argue.

Bottom line: I know the "rules" of deals usually state that under no circumstances should you call. In my case, it paid or rather saved to call. I have an RMA for one of the phones. My problem? Decide which one to keep. I'm in LOVE with the EVO!!!! Oh and the smilies are :cool:

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I picked mine up at BestBuy last Friday. Now, the price is still $199, but through the end of the month they are offering the "Buy Back Program" for free!!!

That means I purchased my Evo for $199 and I will be able to hand it back over to them in 12-18 months (I get moved to Premier Gold next Feb) and they will give me $180 towards a new phone.

So, if the Evo 2 comes out this summer and is priced at $250, I will be able to pick it up next Feb for a measly $70.

This Buy Back Program is SO WORTH IT for Sprint Premier Gold members. I will never buy a mobile phone answer else!!! It is even worth it for Silver members because in the 18-24 month timeslot, you still get $120 back.

on BestBuys webiste, it states UP TO 50 percent return on device so if you got the evo for 199.99, it seems to me that you would only get back 100 bucks...

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
on BestBuys webiste, it states UP TO 50 percent return on device so if you got the evo for 199.99, it seems to me that you would only get back 100 bucks...

You are correct but you will also see that it is the MSRP that is used, which for the EVO is 599.99.

So that means up to three hundred bucks!

ndz#AC

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
You can find them for $300 to $350 for a new-in-box clean esn on ebay.

I wouldn't spend an upgrade right now with CTIA around the corner. Evo2 or another superphone could be coming...

JLG1985

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I bought one on the day of release, 6/4/10, for $199 and change - my wife took that over in November and I ran right to AmzonWireless (as mentioned above) and they have been $99 since the 1st week of November.

My daughter was waiting for a Thunderbolt but settled for an EVO and again (as mentioned above) I grabbed an EVO for $99 - it's getting delivered as we speak!

The point of all of this...AmazonWireless has had the HTC EVO 4G for the great price of $99 since November 1, 2010 and you also get FREE ACTIVATION. You can't beat that anywhere.

AmazonWireless had been THE best place to buy an EVO for 4 solid months @ $99. Plus they have great service and every once in a while they feature BIG name smartphones for a penny - yes for .01ȼ!

NOBODY beats AmazonWireless, nobody.

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I bought one on the day of release, 6/4/10, for $199 and change - my wife took that over in November and I ran right to AmzonWireless (as mentioned above) and they have been $99 since the 1st week of November.

My daughter was waiting for a Thunderbolt but settled for an EVO and again (as mentioned above) I grabbed an EVO for $99 - it's getting delivered as we speak!

The point of all of this...AmazonWireless has had the HTC EVO 4G for the great price of $99 since November 1, 2010 and you also get FREE ACTIVATION. You can't beat that anywhere.

AmazonWireless had been THE best place to buy an EVO for 4 solid months @ $99. Plus they have great service and every once in a while they feature BIG name smartphones for a penny - yes for .01ȼ!

NOBODY beats AmazonWireless, nobody.

That price is only good on new or added lines. upgrades are 179 on amazon. Best Buy's price match of radio shack online price beats that for upgrades.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I don't think that a line can be added to a Sprint account on Amazon Wireless. Not unless the feature has just been added. It has been saying "coming soon".

And they have not been $99.00 since November, as I looked at them several times and they went as high as $149.99 for a new line. They are $119.99 for a new line right now, and $199.99 for an upgrade.

Last edited:

seebee72

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I went into Best Buy last Sunday (2/27) to see if they would match the Radioshack price of $149.

When I got in there and attempted to show them the Shack?s web site and price it was gone. And the Evo was now $189.

Anyway to tell when it will come back around to $149?

I want my Evo and first Android phone SOOO bad!