Best rom for signal strength?

jrsoit

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I live in phoenix and ever since I got my gs3 back in September. I frequently get only 1-2 bars or im roaming. Is there a rom or radio combination that will or can increase the radio or signal strength?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I live in phoenix and ever since I got my gs3 back in September. I frequently get only 1-2 bars or im roaming. Is there a rom or radio combination that will or can increase the radio or signal strength?

I would try one of the many different radios. Roms shouldn't make that big a difference.

jay28w

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I would recommend the LJ7, then try LI3, then LG8. That's the last three radios, working backwards.

My 2 cents... I think my reception was better before I went to LJ7. Been meaning to do some playing around with prev versions, but have not had the opportunity yet.

jrsoit

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have lj7 and reception sux...gunna have to figure out now how to switch radio's. Is it just a kernal switch?

jrsoit

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I flashed LI3 ill report back if reception is better the lj7 in the phoenix area at all. I downloaded all the radio's to try on the fly in the worst locations where I used to have service but with lj7 started to roam.

jay28w

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I flashed LI3 ill report back if reception is better the lj7 in the phoenix area at all. I downloaded all the radio's to try on the fly in the worst locations where I used to have service but with lj7 started to roam.

Hey, jrsoit... any feedback so far?

Also, what should the process be when changing modems in terms of wiping or fixing permissions?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey, jrsoit... any feedback so far?

Also, what should the process be when changing modems in terms of wiping or fixing permissions?

Shouldn't have to do any wiping or fixing permissions. Just flash. Clark44 has a nice modem flasher which has all the modems included in a single flashable zip. When you flash the zip it gives you a list of modems to choose from.

Edit: just talked to Clark. The last modem he added was LI3. He said he would update it soon.

Here's the link...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1816530

Last edited:

jay28w

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Skunkape... Thanks for the info. Always appreciate your help.

So far I have about 6 hours on LI3, and thus far it seems to be a bit better than LJ7 in some of the areas of low signal strength. Will get a couple more days usage and post back.

jrsoit

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
So far ive had better service by 1 or 2 bars in the areas in Chandler and Tempe I was having issues with. LI3 seems to be a little better then LJ7 haven't tried other older radios yet. Battery life has been about the same if not better cause im not roaming in the places I was.

jrsoit

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronaldkaran