Best screen protectors at Best Buy?

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I suck at applying screen protectors. I ordered a steinheil screen protector and managed to mess up both. For whatever reason, I was never able to completely get rid of the dust lying under the screen protector no matter how many times I tried to clean it. Also the air bubbles on the edges would stay as if the edges were bent and allowed air in. It's not Steinheil's fault, it's mine :p. So I figured I should just go to Best Buy for them to install a screen protector for me. Anyone know if they have good screen protectors there?

richardrk

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
When applying screen protectors. The best way to avoid dust getting underneith would be to go run the shower on hot and allow to dream the room. The water vapor weighs the dust down and cleans the air. Then go apply it in there.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Officerpolabear

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I have the Invisible shield from Best Buy. The HD version that is. To me it looks and feels just like the bare screen.

You're not having the problem with it blocking the proximity sensor? I liked the screen too but had to return it. The proximity sensor issue killed it for me. I wonder if Zagg has already sent out new fixed versions

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I have Zagg HD....it still has some classic Zagg orange peel effect and it feels a bit too sticky, but for in store, its the best i've found.

Will probably order a phantom skin eventually.

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I called zagg and they sent me out their replacement protector with the "new" proximity sensor cut out. It was the same as the first. I installed the skinomi full body and I think I like it better than the zagg. Although it didn't have a cut out at all, I cut one myself and it covers more of the screen. It seems to self-heal where the zagg hd didn't at all. Minor orange peel, same as the zagg, but does not feel rubbery.

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
You're not having the problem with it blocking the proximity sensor? I liked the screen too but had to return it. The proximity sensor issue killed it for me. I wonder if Zagg has already sent out new fixed versions

No issue at all with the sensor. I have had mine on since May 26th. No orange peel either. Feels like the glass. Best Buy put it on for me.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
No issue at all with the sensor. I have had mine on since May 26th. No orange peel either. Feels like the glass. Best Buy put it on for me.

I guess they've addressed the issue and made new ones then? There was no getting around the issue for mine. I also had mine installed by best buy.

creighton

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I know you've probably given up on applying the protector yourself, but just in case -

I've found that doing the application in the bathroom with a hot shower running makes a world of differnce. The moisture in the air keeps the dust particles from floating around and landing on the screen and film while you are trying to apply it. Before doing it this way I used to feel like tearing my hair out because I could never get a clean install. With the I installed a Steinheil yesterday afternoon and it literally took 30 seconds. End result was absolutely no dust and no bubbles. So if you ever decide to give it a go again...

Last edited:
Reactions: Officerpolabear

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Got the zagg hd from best buy with the sensor area cut out. Had them install it too. There's areas of bubbles all over my screen that won't go away like they said it would. I want to take it back but idk if they will install a new one or what. I just want a screen protector with no dust or bubbles on it. Hate installing it myself. Hands shake too much.

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Got the zagg hd from best buy with the sensor area cut out. Had them install it too. There's areas of bubbles all over my screen that won't go away like they said it would. I want to take it back but idk if they will install a new one or what. I just want a screen protector with no dust or bubbles on it. Hate installing it myself. Hands shake too much.

They will gladly exchange it. At least my Best Buy has in the past. You have the choice of them installing it also. I look at it this way though. They install they have to fix it. Also Zagg has a lifetime warranty so doesn't cost them a thing.

Reactions: Anthonicia

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
They will gladly exchange it. At least my Best Buy has in the past. You have the choice of them installing it also. I look at it this way though. They install they have to fix it. Also Zagg has a lifetime warranty so doesn't cost them a thing.

Ok, thanks. Will try taking it back this Friday.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yup I will probably just ask and see if steinheil will give me a replacement and my diztronic case came today. I like the look and feel of it but the one thing that annoys me about it, is that it makes the power button stay down to the point where it restarts my phone. Anyone else having problems with their diztronic case?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcunado109