Best Tempered Glass Protector for Moto G6?

cupofcloud

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Which one is the best tempered glass protector to get? I'm using the ones made by Ailun they're too thin and it's too easy to have the edge of the viewing screen not completely covered on one side. I cracked my first one the other day and looking at these Amazon reviews it seems they are getting feedback on their brittleness and edge bubbling / warping.. I have one left out of my three pack that my gf gave me with my phone but want to order another brand at the end of the week.
Anyone find a protector for the G6 that easily covers the screen side to side and applies nicely with no bubbles or peeling at the sides and corners?
Thank you

Last edited:

oddstew

Jun 28, 2018
Visit site
When I picked up my moto g6 from Verizon the other day, I had them put a case and screen protector on it to keep it from getting scratched up and damaged. Luckily for me, I didn't get charged for the screen protector - they simply forgot to ring it up and I never realized it until after I got home. Well, that no name screen protector they slap their branding on is crap. It's already bubbling on the sides and I can see where some specks of dirt got on the glass during installation.

I didn't think there would be an edge to edge display option because of the curved screen.

cupofcloud

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your feedback and sorry to hear about your bad screen protector. That's a good point about the curve. Looking at mine it appears the curve isn't until the very edge of the bezel where it meets the side of the phone.
I'd imagine the screen protector companies can at least extend the width a little more before the curvature point. It seems on many of the Amazon reviews for different protectors for our model are all reporting that the cover is so narrow that if you don't apply it perfectly, you'll end up with a fraction of the viewing screen exposed. Seems like there is a tiny bit of more space to make it a tad wider but maybe the curve is starting right after the beginning of the bezel and my eyes just doesn't see the curve until near the end of the bezel.

That said I'll keep looking for a highly rated protector and if I find anything I'll report back if someone else doesn't chime in this thread first with the perfect protector for our model.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reflavius