Best Video Player

jhasty

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I like to put mp4 files of some of my favorite shows to watch on the airplane. I've been trying the MX Player, but the quality is not all I would like. And I have not been able to get hardware acceleration to work.

What are some of the favorites for video players?

DemonHighwayman

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
MX has an option in options to turn hardware acceleration on. If the videos you are trying to play are bad quality to begin with there isn't much a video player can do to help it.

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I have always used mobo player, really good and always saves where you left off.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Central Forums

Xsever

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I use MX and with mp4, you just have to switch the decoder to H/W (hardware acceleration) through the 3 dots in the corner.

jhasty

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the MX and Mobo players. I was getting really bad screen pixalation on one of the series I had been watching. But then I watched a different series this week and the pixalation was gone. But Mobo, on the same mp4, had a lag in the audio from the video.

I've tried turning on hardware acceleration in MX. But it always switches back to software.

DemonHighwayman

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the MX and Mobo players. I was getting really bad screen pixalation on one of the series I had been watching. But then I watched a different series this week and the pixalation was gone. But Mobo, on the same mp4, had a lag in the audio from the video.

I've tried turning on hardware acceleration in MX. But it always switches back to software.

The early builds of ICS didn't have hardware acceleration so if your still on an early alpha it won't work, that's the only thing I can think of that would cause hwa to turn off.

Kamrooz

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion MX and Rockplayer is what I personally use. Rockplayer seems to require less seek time for refreshing when you skip ahead in the video when browsing vids on your internal storage. BTW, adding ES FIle Explorer along with this is a DREAM. Pretty much access my wireless network and gain access to all my computers media. Can browse all my files and actually play them back over wifi. MX does a pretty damn good job for playback as well considering ES File Explorer let's you choose what player to open up ANY media format...Took me a while to find this gem of a program =D.

ES is Great for Comics/Manga too if you store them on your drive ^^.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justices777