Best way to transition

sburggsx

May 22, 2012
Visit site
So I have my email that my new S3 will be delivered tomorrow. It will be coming to the store due to a cross-upgrade thing.

I currently have an iPhone 4. What's the best way to transition from one phone to the other?

Music: Isn't an issue.

Contacts? Probably the biggest issue.

Pictures will be most likely just copied.

Iphone notes?

I guess that's really it. Maybe I'm overthinking this.

mikee2005

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Contacts is pretty easy. Just hook up iphone to itunes and sync your contacts to google. Once your contacts are synced to your gmail account, then you can simply sign in to your google account when you set up the GSIII initially (it usually asks you if you want to do this)...And, bam, your contacts are there! Easy as pie!

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Did you see this on AC the other day? http://www.androidcentral.com/touchwiz Like you, I'll be transitioning from my iP3G to the GS3 and this looks very helpful..There's tons of other resources here on the Forums too. Will be eager to learn how you make the move to Android and what you stumble with too. It's always fun to learn something new and the GS3 will likely blow the doors off your iP4, too.

sburggsx

May 22, 2012
Visit site
And just seconds ago I received the "DELIVERED!" email at the AT&T store. I guess I will be polite and wait for them to call instead of driving up and demanding my new toy.

Looking to see how to sync my contacts to google through iTunes in the mean time. Everything else other than the apple notes seem to be taken care of.

iphonemilk

Banned
Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
And just seconds ago I received the "DELIVERED!" email at the AT&T store. I guess I will be polite and wait for them to call instead of driving up and demanding my new toy.

Looking to see how to sync my contacts to google through iTunes in the mean time. Everything else other than the apple notes seem to be taken care of.

Just some advice, you can sync your contact INTO google, and just do it once- once you've done that you're good to go.

Also SOME music, not all of it will import into Google play- i did it just for the hell out of because it was free, but not all of my songs imported in I guess the older ones.

Also google calender is another way to transition.

sburggsx

May 22, 2012
Visit site
First off.... THIS THING IS AWESOME!!!! My iPhone 4 feels like a brick in my hand now.

Now that we have that out of the way:

Contacts: Store couldn't transfer them. Syncing to Google did not bring them over. Seems to be a one way afair. I could have done something wrong too, just let me say that this could be a problem for you. I only had 45 so I just did it manually.

Notes: I gave up. I got it down to about 17 i didn't want to lose and copied the txt into emails and sent them to myself.

Bookmarks: I didn't have enough to care.

From here we move to the new phone. So far my google acct is there, but it doesn't seem to have made the email acct in the mail program. Going to try and add it like I did yahoo and hotmail. I need to see how retrieving the apps I've purchased for my tablet will go too.

I don't even have facebook set up yet if that says anything.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Kies software which can downloaded on Samsung's Site can be used. Used the Windows version to migrate contact information and calendar from Outlook.