DEVICES
APPS/GAMES
BROWSE

YouTube Music - Stream Songs &
Add Tags

Better Alternative?
MrMatthew
MrMatthew
Since Google Play Music shut down giving YouTube Music as the only alternative, I absolutely hate it!! It won't upload all my music, which is 600+ songs. Perfectly tagged. You can't choose music by genre. You can only create playlist by choosing 1 song at a time. Which again, is way too tedious with over 600 songs and many genres. You can't say; "Hey Google, play such and such," from your uploaded library or playlist you've created like you could with GPM. When it comes to playing your music it's all 'hands on' which makes it difficult and dangerous when driving. This has been my 'wonderful' experience with YTM. Am I doing things wrong or am I missing something?! Anyway… I'm looking for an alternative music player that can do these such things, without ads. Preferably free or at least very inexpensive. Hell, If YTM could do these things, I'd pay for it. I would really, really, appreciate your feedback and suggestions. Please, help a frustrated music lover out.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Not being able to upload all music is probably a copyright or licensing issue for the songs that you're having trouble with. It's certainly true that YT Music is not well-designed for the user with their own personal library of uploaded music (although I suspect they'll continue to update the app to add more features, which they've already been doing). In the meantime, there are plenty of good music player apps for locally saved apps -- but I'm not sure about many good music services that allow you to upload your music for free. Amazon Music retired their music locker feature (and that only allowed 250 songs when it existed). You could try CloudPlayer, which can play your music saved to Google Drive or other cloud storage.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress