BIG Decision Time......Please Help

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Greetings all, my darling wife of 3 days gave me a shiny new Galaxy nexus from sprint as a wedding gift (God bless her soul :) ). I currently own the GS2, had it since launch and still have a lot of love for this phone. Now I have never owned a pure vanilla android phone which I know is a HUGE plus. This phone offers ICS now along w/google wallet and other goodies. Now here is the problem, with the GS3 upcoming, do I not keep this phone and buy into the hype of the GS3??? I've read the early reviews and the phone is impressive. I hear the rumors of the next nexus being possibly released around Nov/Dec but I live in the now

The only real problem I see with this phone is by switching to the nexus I will be giving up wimax which in the greater DC area I get about 9-12 Mbps down on average, which will leave me with no 4G until sprints turns on lte, leaving me to rely on 3G only unless I'm in a wifi area which could be a problem :'( Any info you guys could give me to help with this would be greatly appreciated.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
If you truly love tour current phone and arw a fan of Touch with then I would stick with the SG11. If data speeds are a top priority and you can't wait until LTE deploys then keep the SGII.
If you want stock Android and quicker updates to new OS then keep the GNex

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Touchwiz hasn't given me many problems but I have grown very tired of the update situation with Samsung and Sprint in how long it takes. It would be a big plus to get updates straight from google I think.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
How are your radio signals with the GNex compared to your S2? Is your 3G, WiFi or GPS better or worse or same?

I highly doubt a new nexus, if released in Nov, would cone to sprint that early. I think you should decide between stock android on the GNex or hold another month for the S3.

Btw...I tried the GNex. Returned to get an EVO LTE.
My 2 cents.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Do not get rid of the nexus if only to stay in the wifeys good graces.
If I got a loved one a gift and they got rid of it within a year or so, I'd be pizzed. :)

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Do not get rid of the nexus if only to stay in the wifeys good graces.
If I got a loved one a gift and they got rid of it within a year or so, I'd be pizzed. :)

I have decided to keep my Nexus. So far I really do like this phone. Vanilla android is real nice and ICS is awesome. Lots of goodies in there. I dont have wimax anymore but the 3G network so far hasnt been that much of a drag (fingers crossed). Lets just hope lte comes to the DC area by the fall :). Now I need a nice case that wont add much bulk. Any suggestions????

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krumplycelloids