Bionic has Motorola branded LTE chipset

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Isn't this very very very old news? We knew from like April or so that a big part of the delay was that moto decided to design their own LTE radios.

mbentley3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Isn't this very very very old news? We knew from like April or so that a big part of the delay was that moto decided to design their own LTE radios.

ah, if so I apologize and feel free to delete this thread. I didnt find anything on it previously posted but their may have been.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
ah, if so I apologize and feel free to delete this thread. I didnt find anything on it previously posted but their may have been.

lol no biggie, yeah I'm surprised the site you got it from even posted it like it was "news".. it was announced by moto along with the delay a long time ago

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Thought this was interesting, I would assume all future/new Motorola LTE devices would have the same Moto LTE chipset as well.

Motorola Droid Bionic teardown reveals custom LTE chipset | Ubergizmo

It is interesting, however, this was no secret...I'm kind of suprised that Ubergizmo acts like they didn't know this! I'm sure they will continue to refine the chipset as time goes on...I just hope they can do a OTA upgrade to help it "grab" 3G or LTE and not lose signal, as some owners are reporting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelmanVT