Bionic prices/deals

dukenilnil

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Wanted to create a thread to list all of the various prices/deals on the Bionic around launch date (if allowed under forum rules). I'll try to update the lead post regularly to incorporate all announced prices as added to this thread.

1) Verizon telesales/online - $299 (phone order only so far) (as of 9/7)
2) Verizon stores - $299 (9/8)
3) Costco - $279 w/ accessory bundle (9/8) (ymmv)
4) Amazon - $179 (new) or $249 (upgrade) or $199 (new)
5) Walmart/Let's Talk - $199 new, $249 on contract
6) Wirefly - $249
7) Bestbuy - $299
8) Let's Talk special - $159 using coupon for new lines. Code = take20back (makes me wish I could add a line, oh well, unlimited data is a fair tradeoff)

Last updated: 9/9 5:08pm EST

Last edited:

blakebritton

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I just talked to Best Buy... NO Package deals. Just the phone @299 w/2yr contract renewal

I'm going to Costco. My local one verified that they have stock and WILL sell it on 9/8 with accessories for $299

minniemouse27

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
disappointing about bestbuy. gonna try BJs soon since i need to make a trip for groceries anyway

I spoke w/ someone from BJs last week. He said they were basically Verizon Wireless stores inside of BJs (as opposed to Costco being a 3rd party reseller) so they will have the Bionic for the same pricing as the stand alone VW corporate stores w/ no deals.

brianbat420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if Samsclub will have the same deal? I know they kind of do the same thing but the stupid girl god sams insted of costco

KDogg241

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I remember someone saying they had heard that the accessories that are part of the Costco deal will be third party accessories, and therefore may not be of the best quality. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?

krazifan

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm planning on heading out to Sam's club on Thursday as well. Don't have a Costco that's convenient to me so no membership there.

blakebritton

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I remember someone saying they had heard that the accessories that are part of the Costco deal will be third party accessories, and therefore may not be of the best quality. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?

from what I know, there are NO third party standard docks, car docks, batteries or web top adapters yet... I could be wrong. I would assume that these will be official bionic accessories.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I spoke w/ someone from BJs last week. He said they were basically Verizon Wireless stores inside of BJs (as opposed to Costco being a 3rd party reseller) so they will have the Bionic for the same pricing as the stand alone VW corporate stores w/ no deals.

Thanks. I was at BJs today and the guy was pretty unhelpful. He basically told me to try tomorrow and didn't give me any info regarding price or bundles. Lucky for me the BJs and VZW store are in the same complex, so I'll try one first and then the other.

pchrist11

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
"If you plan on switching to the Bionic from a feature phone and your contract is up soon, you can get a $100 gift card to go toward the price of your new Bionic." -- from Hands-On With The Motorola Droid Bionic For Verizon at TechCrunch

Anybody able to confirm that this works when ordering over the phone?

Also, do you know if this will work if you are already eligible for an upgrade?

I currently have an LG Env Touch feature phone and I was eligible for upgrade on Aug 25th.

kerrigjl

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
$279.99 in Missouri for the Bionic with all OEM accessories (car dock, standard dock, battery dock/battery, car charger, case, screen protectors) at Costco tomorrow; confirmed at 2 out of 3 stores called (the third wasn't sure when they would get the Bionic)

dcgore

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
$279.99 in Missouri for the Bionic with all OEM accessories (car dock, standard dock, battery dock/battery, car charger, case, screen protectors) at Costco tomorrow; confirmed at 2 out of 3 stores called (the third wasn't sure when they would get the Bionic)

wow, are they throwing in a cute sales girl too?

minniemouse27

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

Just heard almost the same information at the King of Prussia store here in PA. The only difference is that he couldn't guarantee the case and screen protectors. Said that all phones usually have that but he wasn't sure if the rest of the accessories would replace or be in addition to the case/protectors.

macewank

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
i'll be purchasing mine in-store at off-contract pricing ($580 or whatever)..

does anyone know if account discounts apply for those purchases? I have a 25% discount from the postal service on my account, and I know when I bought my tbolt I did have cheaper pricing as a result, but that was the first time that I remember seeing it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kora_soge