• Welcome to the all-new Android Central Forums! - We're still moving some things around, so you may see a few quirks here and there, but we're working on getting things fully completed as soon as possible. For now, take a look around, and if you run into any major issues, please let us know in this thread!

black circle appeared on Google search bar

essancent

Oct 18, 2022
In the screenshot on Lenovo tablet the black spot has shown up on the search bar. What is this?67138.jpg

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Seems like an odd little mark. I assume it is still there if you rotate the screen or move the widget?

What happens if you remove the widget and add it back? It seems like a long shot but we're trying stuff.

What happens if you touch the spot?

A

Android Central Question

Black dot on G of Google

I have a Samsung a52s I use the Google search bar widget and a black dot as suddenly appeared on the G. I have deleted the widget and put it back in a different location. Just to check it was definitely attached to the G and not my impaired vision. Is it trying to tell me something?

A

Android Central Question

Why do i have a brown circle thats appeared on my screen?

Brown with lines through it. It's on top of the g for Google in my search bar.

A

Android Central Question

How do i get rid or turn off the globe on the google bar

How do you remove the globe off the google search bar as i cant get it to go and its in the way

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Re: How do i get rid or turn off the globe on the google bar

Hi. Please log in as a new member to respond and enjoy.

EDIT : My answer below doesn't help, sorry.
When you say Globe, do you mean the large G, or could you be using a different widget?

======
[I recently found a Setting on my phone.
You can access it different ways.

Try the Google app, your Avatar - Settings - Search Widget - Customise Widget.]

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Note to questioners: The icon is a clear representation of a football, colour brown, and is in honour of the Scottish footballer Andrew Watson. There is no mystery. Google often does these things. Temporary modifications to the normal logo are called Google Doodles, of which there have been many. Tapping the Doodle, or in this case the football icon, leads to interesting details.

Sent from my CPH1921 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Note to questioners: The icon is a clear representation of a football, colour brown, and is in honour of the Scottish footballer Andrew Watson. There is no mystery. Google often does these things. Temporary modifications to the normal logo are called Google Doodles, of which there have been many. Tapping the Doodle, or in this case the football icon, leads to interesting details.

Sent from my CPH1921 using AC Forums mobile app

Good call!