Blackberry contacts export for the droid

jbfickler#AC

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

Much like a lot of people who are moving from their blackberry to the droid... My only question is, Does anyone know of a way to export their contacts in some sort of list so it is easy for me import them into my droid?

Excel sheet or text file? anything in desktop manager?

I am giving my tour away to one of my buddies once I get the droid and I DONT feel like writing all these numbers down!

Thanks everyone!

:cool:

blackops#IM

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
You can try to use GoogleSync if you have a gmail account to try to sync your contacts.

Other thing is do you use MS Outloook to sync and manage your contacts on your BB? Since if you do you can export your contacts from Outlook to a *.csv (comma separated values) file and then import that into your Gmail contacts.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I would get the google sync if you have a google account. It's much easier. I think it's good to have in general since if you get a new BB or other smartphone that has google sync you can just automatically put your contacts on it. Also, it's accessible via desktop computer for contacts as well as calendar.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
yea, i've been using google sync, by far it's the easiest way to get stuff onto google's servers so the droid can just pull it off.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
protip - in either case (htc sync or google sync) save the contact db as a .csv and copy it to your media card. If you use HTC sync copy it there as well. You now have instant access to your contact DB anywhere their is a PC with outlook/outlook express/WindowsLive mail and a data cable.

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
While Google Sync is how I kept my BB and Gmail contacts/calendar in sync, I thought I read that Google Sync for BB apparently doesn't sync ALL possible BB fields with your Google/Gmail contacts? Like "birthday" field doesn't transfer?

Best way.. sync BB with Outlook via desktop manager. Export contacts from outlook to .csv file. Import .CSV to Google/Gmail contacts.

xeking

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Mine wont import the address list to my phone ..... I finally was able to import into outlook then export to gmail... But now I cant finger out how to get them on to my phone... please help?

techprojim

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
GMail CSV imports require specific headings for fields

... or else the unrecognized info winds up in the "Notes" section. This is especially true if you have contacts with multiple emails, phone numbers, addresses, etc. I've documented how to export from Blackberry to GMail then to Android / G1, using Blackberry Manager and the correct GMail field names, and mappings from Blackberry CSVs, here:

Blackberry Contacts to G1 Address book!?? - Android Forums

Hope that helps...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lather7753