Blackberry Tour -> DROID

Xxw0lfxX

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Ok, so I've been a long time blackberry lover. I had the Tour since release date, and loved it. Then when the Droid came out, I just had to have it. So I used an alternate upgrade on my account to get the Droid. Loved the phone, except for a few voice problems I had.

Took the phone back into vzw, and exchanged it for the Tour, once again. Sitting at home one night, I started kicking myself in the ass because I took the Droid back. So after about 2hrs of talking to Verizon Reps on the phone, I finally convinced them to Resend me a Droid, and take my Tour back.

It should be here by Wednesday, I hope. But I do have a few quick questions. Seeing has I had a droid previously with my existing google account, when I activate my new droid and sign in with my account, will I still have my contacts on there?

And as fas as a Third-Party app, I had one on my Berry called AdOnis (or BerryAddon), which allowed me to have my device vibrate on call connect/disconnect, along with settings for vibrations while ringing. Is there a app out there for the Droid that I just have not seen yet?

korp#IM

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
1. They should be in your account still since it syncs automatically.

2. In the settings > sound & display settings .... theres an option for the phone to vibrate with the ringtone but I don't know if theres a program to let you have so many vibrates or for so long like on the Blackberry .. haven't seen anything yet.

JGR4444

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
the tour was for sure the best blackberry phone i have ever had but i couldnt be happier with my new droid... well, maybe (12/11) :)

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
@ the OP

Dude I'm glad that there is someone else out there as bad as me about this :D

I considered Eris, Storm 2, even ditching VZ and trying out a Pre, even though I've already had a Pre and turned it back in once before.

lol

graymulligan

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
The tour was far and away the best berry I ever owned, but the droid just runs circles around it. I'm torn on how to feel about it, because I really want to still love blackberry, and RIM does it right, but they're being left behind by the newer operating systems.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I still have, and probably always will have a profound love for BlackBerry. There is no doubt that RIM has Push Email perfected hands down, but the Droid and Android have really opened my eyes to the capabilities of smartphones.

CavemanOOGA

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Went from a Storm 2 to the Droid. I used me entire 30 day guarantee before I made my decision. Loved, absolutely LOVED, the Storm 2...but I just couldn't see myself hanging on to that phone for the next year or so.

I'm totally happy that I went with the Droid.

hatch.duffy

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have been a long time blackberry lover as well. about 4 yrs with them most recently the Storm 1. I think it's pretty much a concensus from everone that came from a BB that we will always have BB love, but RIM has to do something with that OS. Had my Droid since release day and still loving it!

graymulligan

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
The odd part is, I love email on the droid too. My exchange mail from work gets to the phone about the same timing as it did on the berry, and gmail is more full featured. Scary...my "toy", actually rocks as a business device.

kamileon

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
The odd part is, I love email on the droid too. My exchange mail from work gets to the phone about the same timing as it did on the berry, and gmail is more full featured. Scary...my "toy", actually rocks as a business device.

I wish I could push my work email to my Droid. They are still stuck in the past using Lotus Notes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterrekroesbergen