BlackICE Kangorade Toro 39

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
An AOKP Kang and it's a hit fellows, flash this and you just might use it as a daily. ;)

BlackICE-1.gif

Galaxy Nexus Black ICE Rom AOKP Toro Heavily Themed Review and Install - YouTube

Kangorade 39 | TeamICEmods

****Only for those who are updating from previous version of (BlackICE) rom****
1. Make a back up (always a good idea)
2. Flash rom update.
3. Flash BlackICE_gapps*****.zip.
4. Reboot

Sent from my GneX via Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: zero neck

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yup I ran this ROM although it's been awhile now.Travis does a great job with it and keeping up with Roman/and the updates.
I might have to check it out again and see how it is again one day soon :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: BlackICE Kangorade Toro 38.1

I was not sold on it till I settled for Leankernel from that Imoseyon dude, (LeanKernel is a "set it and forget it" type kernel) franco kernel is a little to much for this rom since none of the user settings stick on boot. THAT was almost a deal breaker for me until I got deep into the settings of this rom. The Blackice gapps really made everything aesthetically pleasing to me and the sound, the sound is so much clearer on this rom, is it the DSP manager? This Dev did an astounding job here, just when I thought I seen it all (w/AOSP) this Rom is simply "The Bomb" :)

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

I was not sold on it till I settled for Leankernel from that Imoseyon dude, (LeanKernel is a "set it and forget it" type kernel) franco kernel is a little to much for this rom since none of the user settings stick on boot. THAT was almost a deal breaker for me until I got deep into the settings of this rom. The Blackice gapps really made everything aesthetically pleasing to me and the sound, the sound is so much clearer on this rom, is it the DSP manager? This Dev did an astounding job here, just when I thought I seen it all (w/AOSP) this Rom is simply "The Bomb" :)

I find that Franco requires the same amount of tweaking as LeanKernel does if you want performance on the same level. Not trying to argue but I usually find franco has better battery life and it doesn't take much to change CPU speeds on boot... most ROMs have that feature built it... set it and forget it.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

i ran kangorade a few times a couple weeks or a month ago. it is awesome but the aesthetics are not my cup of tea.

i used imo's kernels religiously for tbolt but find myself using basically just franco's for gnex. nothing against other kernels tho :)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I've always meant to try this, but honestly it just seemed like PZ with a bit less in the feature department?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mossi