Blazing

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
4G in Hershey PA. Wow, now I really can see what this phone is capable of.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Sprint.

I am in Boston with Sprint right now and while I'm somewhat happy with the data speeds (remember I am coming from Sprint's dreadfully slow 3G service on a BB Bold and/or Curve) it is by no means what I would call "Blazing." Just for fun I am going to run a speed test right now. Here are the results. Nothing spectacular. I think in a major city like Boston 4G LTE speeds with carriers such as Verizon and AT&T would be much faster - "Bazing" actually :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-02-12-25-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-02-12-25-55.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 153

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to be in Atlanta on business next week, so I'm looking forward to see how it works for me. We don't have it here where I live in Virginia. I'm hoping to use it to set up the hotspot on my phone, so I can use it for my work laptop.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I was with Sprint and the LTE was good around town when I got it.. But unfortunately the main spots (like my work) I didn't get anything so I was stuck on 3g. The 3g worked.. As long as I did one thing at time.. Either browse the net or stream.. Both together would cause issues. So I asked Sprint to unlock my fully bought HTC One and they said no so.. Went to T-mobile. They have LTE here as well that is pretty fast.. And the spots that don't have it yet have the HSPA which handles better than Sprints 3g.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1375464533371.jpg
    1375464533371.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 115

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've been on 4G the whole time in Hershey. Full bars and haven't dropped. Speed has bested my friend's Verizon S4.the

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm in and around Los Angeles all the time and the 4G out here is excellent. I would post some screenshots of speed test but I can't figure out how to do that in the AC app. Suffice it to say I get 25 to 30M in many spots, but average between 18 and 22.

Posted via Android Central App

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I was with Sprint and the LTE was good around town when I got it.. But unfortunately the main spots (like my work) I didn't get anything so I was stuck on 3g. The 3g worked.. As long as I did one thing at time.. Either browse the net or stream.. Both together would cause issues. So I asked Sprint to unlock my fully bought HTC One and they said no so.. Went to T-mobile. They have LTE here as well that is pretty fast.. And the spots that don't have it yet have the HSPA which handles better than Sprints 3g.

@Almeuit:

That screen shot you posted is for your T-Mobile data speed, correct? You are getting 35mbps down and 20mbps up? That is much faster than Sprint. I may have to switch carriers. Sprint has always had a good selection of phones but what's the point if their data speeds suck? The problem is I just extended a 2-yr contract when they came out with that $80 unlimited everything plan a few weeks ago. I'm really regretting doing that cuz I would like to switch to a carrier that has faster data speeds. Plus some of the other carriers, T-Mobile included, recently came out with these new hardware upgrade options so you're not stuck with the same phone for 2-yrs. I would love to be able to upgrade to the latest & greatest device twice/year at the new customer price. I am hoping Sprint follows suit and comes up with their own new upgrade plan.

VendettaEMB89

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I am in Boston with Sprint right now and while I'm somewhat happy with the data speeds (remember I am coming from Sprint's dreadfully slow 3G service on a BB Bold and/or Curve) it is by no means what I would call "Blazing." Just for fun I am going to run a speed test right now. Here are the results. Nothing spectacular. I think in a major city like Boston 4G LTE speeds with carriers such as Verizon and AT&T would be much faster - "Bazing" actually :D

Hey what part of Boston you in? here are my speeds...this is above average though, usually I get about 20-25mbps down. Sprints fast, there still developing though which is why you see the spotty speeds.

1375643031302.jpg

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
@Almeuit:

That screen shot you posted is for your T-Mobile data speed, correct? You are getting 35mbps down and 20mbps up? That is much faster than Sprint. I may have to switch carriers. Sprint has always had a good selection of phones but what's the point if their data speeds suck? The problem is I just extended a 2-yr contract when they came out with that $80 unlimited everything plan a few weeks ago. I'm really regretting doing that cuz I would like to switch to a carrier that has faster data speeds. Plus some of the other carriers, T-Mobile included, recently came out with these new hardware upgrade options so you're not stuck with the same phone for 2-yrs. I would love to be able to upgrade to the latest & greatest device twice/year at the new customer price. I am hoping Sprint follows suit and comes up with their own new upgrade plan.

Yeah. Here are some LTE speed tests around town. The very last two are HSPA (aka 3g) speed tests.

I am loving t-mobile a lot. Unlimited talk text and data.. And I love the WiFi calling to.. My house kills cell signal but I just flip on wifi and my phone uses my wifi as the cell signal.. Very awesome.

Attachments

• 1375644094672.jpg
    1375644094672.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 1375644102657.jpg
    1375644102657.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 56
  • 1375644127868.jpg
    1375644127868.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 1375644156215.jpg
    1375644156215.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 1375644173428.jpg
    1375644173428.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 56

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey what part of Boston you in? here are my speeds...this is above average though, usually I get about 20-25mbps down. Sprints fast, there still developing though which is why you see the spotty speeds.

View attachment 75672

I am in East Boston. I can't believe you're getting that type of speed in Boston with Sprint's 4G network. I just ran a speed test. Here are the awful results. Could something be wrong with my phone? How are you getting so much faster speeds on the same network in the same location? I have never come close to 32mbps down. That's what I get on wifi at home. The best I get from Sprint 4G is about 15mbps down and that's during off-peak hours.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-04-15-15-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-04-15-15-26.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 46

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh also forgot to mention I used to use 6-8 GB a month but now... It is going higher ;)

Attachments

• 1375644736923.jpg
    1375644736923.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

VendettaEMB89

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I am in East Boston. I can't believe you're getting that type of speed in Boston with Sprint's 4G network. I just ran a speed test. Here are the awful results. Could something be wrong with my phone? How are you getting so much faster speeds on the same network in the same location? I have never come close to 32mbps down. That's what I get on wifi at home. The best I get from Sprint 4G is about 15mbps down and that's during off-peak hours.

Well looking at the coverage map you seem to be on the border line of a "strong"(dark orange) coverage area and a "fair"(light orange) coverage area so that might be your issue, like I said before sprint is Stoll developing, like at my girlfriends house in revere it is surrounded by 4G coverage all around but where she lives the map shoes a hole where there is only 3G, so when I'm there I only get 3G...in the next couple years I expect Sprints coverage to only get better.

1375645452589.jpg

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If anyone goes to Hershey Park be prepared to have your mind blown with Sprint LTE. Full bars entire time and it never dropped. It was better and faster than my buddy's Verizon S4. Not saying to start a flame war because I don't care what network you use, I'm just stating fact. I'm considering moving to Hershey and living inside the amusement park I was so impressed, lol.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If anyone goes to Hershey Park be prepared to have your mind blown with Sprint LTE. Full bars entire time and it never dropped. It was better and faster than my buddy's Verizon S4. Not saying to start a flame war because I don't care what network you use, I'm just stating fact. I'm considering moving to Hershey and living inside the amusement park I was so impressed, lol.

Got any speed tests?

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
@Almeuit:

I was with sprint also and I was getting around 15mb down about 5 up. These are my speeds now
hu2y2u6e.jpg

8aquvate.jpg

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't. Just a few pics of my buddy with Verizon and a sad look on his face.

Haha yeah I'd be sad on Verizon to.. I'd be paying an arm and a leg for service :eek:.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63